[LPF] The Curse of the Brown Auroch

Grayn

First Post
"Gimme two bottles of whatever is the strongest you got!" Paskell yells at the barmaid. She quickly grabs two bottles of clear liquid from behind the bar and hands them to Paskell. He snatches them from her hands and bolts up the stairs.

Privinia runs up to Lightfeather with the torches and throws one into the swarm. It goes ricocheting off the bats, but makes it through and lands near Samad. As Lightfeather faces Privinia expressing her concern, the swarm moves to envelope the woman like a shadowy wave of wings as she reaches for the torch. The bats viciously attack Lightfeather as she flails her arms.

[sblock=OOC]The swarm attacks Lightfeather for four points of damage and is bleeding. The thrown torch is in F6. Paskell uses this turn to grab the bottles and run up the stairs.[/sblock]

[sblock=STATS]ROUND 8

Gold still has a turn.
Initiative Order:
Bats
12 Privinia/Mazi - 19/20 - AC 12 (16)
12 Paskell - 20/20 - AC 19
10 Samad - 18/23 - AC 17
8 Lightfeather - 30/30 - AC 17
[/sblock]

[sblock=MAP]Maps not loading. Stand by while I work on it.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Tavern2floor.png
    Tavern2floor.png
    354.7 KB · Views: 120

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The elf reached out to catch it, only to have it smacked away at the last moment. He stepped forward scooped it up again, before turning and swinging it into the swarm.
[sblock=OOC]He picks it up before 5 foot stepping into G6.
Attack; Damage (Torch) (1d20-1=16, 1d3+1=2)[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +4
Perception: +8, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+8, 1d6+4, 18-20 x2) Torch (+0, 1d3+2+1 Fire, 20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Dervish Dance, Inspire Courage (+1)
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/4

Used Items:
Wand (17 charges left)

Abilities Used:
Battle Dance (4/11 rounds)
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[Sblock=OOC]Umm, as I read their posts, Lightfeather and Samad did not actually take a turn of actions in Round 7. It looked they were waiting for Pirvinia to give up her torches I think. Of course, they should have clearly stated delaying in an OOC block, but still they listed no actions being taken either.[/Sblock]

Grayn

First Post
GM: This one encounter has taken nearly a month and a half. I'm done. I'm tired of trying to pull players along. I'm tired of having to explain my posts. I'm burnt out and not having any fun.

My apologies to SK and the others at LPF, but this is turning into an unpleasant job. A chore I have to do, not something fun and engaging. I'm officially backing out of GMing this adventure and participating in anything further on LPF.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: Satin Knights, I agree with Grayn, this has not been fun for me the last month either. I am in favor of just pulling the plug on it and send everyone back to the DWI.

Satin Knights

First Post
From down stairs, a toot, squeal, and then silence as Flerg blows on a whistle. The bats disperse at the third tone that only they and dogs can hear. "Damn flying rats. Did you leave the window open again?" bellows from down stairs.

OOC: Yeah, this game has hit a stone wall. I warned Grayn that swarms are problematic, but at third level, the characters should have had something in reserve to deal with swarms. Brand new characters sometimes don't have the money for alchemist's fires, but these guys had the funds and were simply unprepared. Torches and makings for molatov cocktails were available, but were simply unused. I was getting as frustrated as PM when Privinia knocked them all down with a good color spray spell, and then no one finished off the job.

The game proposal was good and solid. The party members just didn't mesh well and were unprepared.

As far as I can tell from the original writeup, the wolves were a CR 4, and the bat swarm a CR 2 and the spider swarm a CR 1. So,
(1200+600+400)/4 = 550 Encounter XP, (1700+800+400)/4 = 725 Encounter GP.
88 days * 15/day = 1,320 Time based XP, 88 days * 17/day = 1,496 Time based GP.

None of you leveled mid game, and all were third level to start, so you all earned the same.
Total earnings: 1,870 XP and 2,221 GP for each character.
I made the numbers, so I will approve them myself. :cool:
~*~ The End ~*~

Remove ads