[LPF] The Curse of the Brown Auroch

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"I cannot see Lightfeather. I'll try and lead them away, but do you have anything that would work better against this swarm?" He didn't wait for an answer before he nimbly leapt into the fray. His still-glowing blade flashed wildly as he ducked into the cloud, weaving this way and that. He didn't feel his swings connect, but neither did they to him as he found himself through the cloud. He turned to find the hall obscured by the writhing, swirling mass. This was not what he had been trained for.

[sblock=OOC]Perform (Dance) (1d20+10=28) as Acrobatics to move to G5.
Attack; Damage (1d20+8=10, 1d6+4=10)

Yeah, I'm really sorry about that. I'll try to do better on that front. :/[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +4
Perception: +8, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+8, 1d6+4, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Dervish Dance, Inspire Courage (+1)
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/4

Used Items:
Wand (17 charges left)

Abilities Used:
Battle Dance (3/11 rounds)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

omnitricks

First Post
"Oh well, looks like things are going down to pot!" Paskell says with enthusiasm to hide his worry as he took a quick look around and decided on his next course of action.

Taking a few steps back away from the bats that Samad is already headed to the tengu said "time to go" and made a dash down the stairs to where the bar was hoping to find something that can help against the swarm.
[sblock=OOC]Been busy with cons and assignments the past few weeks. This thing went under the radar because for some reason its not sending the updates to my email like I asked for. Anyway Paskell is going to run downstairs to see if he can get some, alright maybe tons of alcohol and a torch since splash damage is actually going to be the only way to get rid of these things. Just tell me when he reaches there.[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
GM: I would like to add to what Perrinmiller said, if you are not having fun and don't see yourself having fun in the future, just bow out. I would rather know who is not going to post, then just waiting around for someone to post occasionally and not with any interest or desire to make this a worthwhile endeavor.

I'm waiting for [MENTION=6704731]Gorgon Heap[/MENTION] to post an action before moving on.

Gorgon Heap

First Post
Absorbed by a flapping, all-encompassing swarm, Lightfeather swings her bow around violently to make enough space to see and drops and rolls to the side.

OOC: [sblock] I'd love to get past this and see what's up ahead, but I have no ability to fight this one bat at a time and my ideas for dealing with it en masse won't work. Even something as simple as keeping them contained in the room. Otherwise I've been playing completely in-character. I'm not trying to be obstructive; she's closed-mouthed and out of her element. Actions speak louder than words to her. We just didn't have time to get used to each other as PCs. I really don't know how to help here, given the character's abilities. My reason for not posting more frequently is just that; I don't know what to do that will matter. If it'll be easier or more comfortable, I'll bow out. This is my second game here, but the first was long and we advanced far. If the DM has advice I'd welcome it.

Stupid as this sounds, it appears to me this has ground to a halt simply because we don't have anybody who can cast Burning Hands. We would totally be past this by now. Maybe it's a party composition issue. Or maybe a development issue - that we can't get past this without such a spell. Just sayin'. I dunno. Maybe y'all are mad at me. I don't know what to do when I can only try to smack a bat like everybody else. And OK, I'm being touchy, so I'll also bring up Samad never even acknowledged that Lighfeather healed him from those poisonous bat wounds IC. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Grayn

First Post
[sblock=OOC]First, no body wants anyone to leave. I want everyone here, playing and having a good time. As I stated in the beginning of this adventure, it may be a little different then adventures you have ran in the past. Your typical hack/slash/shoot tactics may not work all the time and you may have to think out of the box. By this point in the PCs level range, I believe they should have the experience to get out of the situation and there are ways to get past this with any group composition.

I don't mind characters with unique personalities and skill sets. In fact, I think most gms/players get too wrapped up in the idea that rpgs are just about "fightin' stuff" and getting loot, forgetting that real purpose is to tell a story. PCs with quirks, mismatches and faults tell better stories, imo. If your PC doesn't talk much, your going to have a harder time communicating that story and your PCs intentions. Your going to have be a little more creative with descriptions in your postings to allow your fellow players an idea of what your doing.

My advice to a player with a PC that finds themselves in a situation without skills to help is think about what you would do in real life, if you found yourself in that situation. Me? I would be relying heavily on my other party members. Help were I could, but follow their lead.

I know the sporadic email notifications are annoying. I'm having the same issues and have to remind myself to check the boards daily.

I will be posting Round 8 actions later today. If you don't want to continue, I just ask you let us know your intentions.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[Sblock=OOC] Rounds ago, Pirvinia in character tried to hand out torches to burn the little things while they were unconscious and easy. Two torches with four people handing them off was 4 damage to a swarm per round. Combat should have been over by round 5.

Still, the I think the torches should be good for 1 dmg per round if you all would use them.[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
Samad's blade flashes through the air, over Lightfeather's head as she tumbles out of the ever thickening cloud of bats. Paskell turns and heads downstairs at full speed until he hits the bar. The startled barkeep looks at him with wide eyes. Pirvinia stands towards the top of the stairway, weighing her options.

The remaining bats on the floor leap to the air in near unison. They swirl violently, becoming what appears to be a solid mass of moving bodies and wings dividing the hallway.

[sblock=OOC]Paskell, it will take you two rounds to run downstairs and get what you want, then run back upstairs to the group. Right now, you are downstairs at the bar. You have already seen the wall behind the bar is well-stocked with all sorts of liquor and spirits.[/sblock]

[sblock=STATS]
ROUND 7

Come on, guys! Lets get this done!

Gold still has a turn.
Initiative Order:
Bats
12 Privinia/Mazi - 19/20 - AC 12 (16)
12 Paskell - 20/20 - AC 19
10 Samad - 18/23 - AC 17
8 Lightfeather - 30/30 - AC 17
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
Tavern2floor.png[/sblock]

Gorgon Heap

First Post
Pressing, almost cringing against the wall against what she suspects will be a riotous attack of wings and fangs, Lightfeather is surprised when the bats instead form a swirling mass blocking the hallway. She shakes her head in confusion and turns toward the sorceress down the hall. "They do not follow or seek an exit. This is not natural. Something wants to block our passage!"

Commander_Fallout

First Post
He glanced Lightfeather move through and out the other side of the cloud as he did, which meant that it was probably not the best idea of his to move through. Swallowing his doubts he called back, "You were right! I'm coming back through, Hand me the torch when I do!"
[sblock=OOC]Pirvinia can use her turn to deliver/throw the torches to where Samad/Lightfeather can pick them up and use them on our turns.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

]
Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia returns as she hears them call for her torches. It sounded like they were going to deal with them by fire. She moved back down the hallway and came up behind Lightfeather.

She tossed one torch to Samad. "Here you go. Just pick it up and burn the critters."

"Take this one, Lightfeather. They are not going to stop until they are dead. At least there are not as many of them now."
He held out the second torch for the woman to take and do the same.

[sblock=Crunch]Move Action: Go to G9
Standard: Toss torch to G6: Ranged Attack vs. AC 5 (-1 Range Increment) (1d20+1=14)
Free: Hold out torch for Lightfeather to take with her move action[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 16 (12 w/out Mage Armor) (Touch 12, Flat-footed 10)
HP:
20 Current: 19
CMD:
11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
Wand MM & Torch
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 5/6

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC:
18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP: