[LPF] The Curse of the Brown Auroch

Gorgon Heap

First Post
OOC[sblock]Hold up. I'm reading this as all we're looking at now is a handful of half-conscious bats on the floor. Does somebody have a sack or something I can just scoop'em into (is there a bucket - or, hell, even a tapestry here in the hallway)?, because stomping on a bunch of tiny helpless animals is unpleasantly cruel.[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
[sblock]Samad can try a Nature roll to see how much he knows about bat swarms or just give it a shot to see what happens. The amount of bats on the floor are in the hundreds, if not thousands, by the looks of it. Picture a thick carpet of wings and dark, hairy bodies...which are now beginning to take to the air.[/sblock]

Gorgon Heap

First Post
[sblock]Oh. Seems I really had no clear picture of this. ... This seems kinda dumb. Are they magicked? Why would bats just attack like that? And there's really nothing more I can do with a bow and arrow. How about oil? Anybody got oil we can spray them with before chucking a torch at them?[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
[sblock]Yes, why would two zombie-fied dogs climb out of a portal in the middle of the room? Why would there be blood-thirsty bats swarming in a room of an inn? And those noises from the other rooms, whats that about? Its quiet the mystery, eh?[/sblock]

Gorgon Heap

First Post
[sblock]Crumbs. This is a lot of OOC discussion, and I hope Grayn doesn't mind. But I feel we're really running out of options for dealing with this swarm. Should we just run into another room? [scoff] This is going to start looking like Scooby Doo.[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
GM: Moving on...

The bats continue to take to the air and begin to form a thickening cloud. Lightfeather's silhouette begins to fade behind the bats. Paskell drops back to stand to the left of Samad.

[sblock=STATS]
ROUND 6

Gold still has a turn.
Initiative Order:
Bats
12 Privinia/Mazi - 19/20 - AC 12 (16)
12 Paskell - 20/20 - AC 19
10 Samad - 18/23 - AC 17
8 Lightfeather - 30/30 - AC 17

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia waits at the head of the stairs ready to withdraw as her companions let the bats recover like she repeated warned them and told them to not let happen.

[sblock=Crunch]Ready Move action to go downstairs if the bats come into view and no one says anything.[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 16 (12 w/out Mage Armor) (Touch 12, Flat-footed 10)
HP:
20 Current: 19
CMD:
11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
Wand MM & Torches
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 5/6

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC:
18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP:
10 Current: 10
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +5
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +7, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]

[sblock=OOC from a LPF Judge]Guys I am disappointed. If you cannot RP and do more than post one-liners and be anti-social, you might as well play a board game or a Computer RPG. If you don't enjoy writing at all, then PbP role-playing is probably not for you.

We Judges and GMs put way too much time and effort in setting things up and providing adventures to get any enjoyment for 1 sentence per week from a player. I feel sorry for Grayn that he has to experience this his first time GMing for us. I doubt he is having any fun and cannot blame him if he doesn't want to GM again after this. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads