[LPF] The Inheritance

GlassEye

Adventurer
The door to the house opens and you are faced by an older servant with gray receding hair and a swoop of a mustache that hasn't been fashionable in Venza for some time. He nods so very briefly it is barely noticeable.

"Welcome to House Angroza. It is fortuitous that you have all arrived at the same time." He steps aside holding the door open. "Please come in." Once everyone has stepped into the entry hall the servant closes the door and wends his way through the group to one of the exits. "Follow me, please."

The servant leads you into an adjoining room that is outfitted as an office. A desk near the far wall faces the center of the room and four chairs are arrayed before it. There is a writing table that sits in front of a window that faces Marionetta Canal street. The room is otherwise devoid of furniture, which seems rather strange. On the wall above the main desk is a square of color several shades brighter than the color of the remaining walls, as if a large painting has been recently removed. Coupled with the sparseness of furnishings in the room it would appear that the Angroza family is either preparing to move or to remodel.

The servant motions to the chairs. "Please, be seated. Master Angroza will be with you shortly. May I provide you with anything? Refreshment?"

Karoly, Angroza servant

soulnova

Explorer
"Ah" realization flashes across her face when Tasanto explains his abilities, just when the servant appears on the door asking them to enter.

Damaris is amazed by the space. She hasn't been into a house this big ever in her life.

"Thank you, water will be fine" Damaris nods to Karoly and move to check the view of the Canal from the window.

Systole

First Post
There is a distant hammering at the door, followed by a pause, followed by a more measured knocking at the door. With a quiet frown, the servant disappears, and reappears a few minutes later, his face an unreadable mask. Behind him is a flushed and out of breath (and in some cases familiar) dwarf and a large, evil-looking rat. "The singing maiden! The cat-shaped boy! And ... two people with whom Cavernous Hode is not familiar! He greets all of these people as fellow adventurers, because he, which is to say Cavernous Hode, is an adventuring fellow! Well dressed and never late, that is Cavernous Hode, For sure. No question. Absolutely. On time and always clad in the finest adventuring gear, that is the way that the adventurer known as Cavernous Hode comports himself," he says, rather breathlessly.

After a moment he continues. "Cavernous Hode did mention that he was an adventurer, correct? Even though he is certain no one would ever mistake him for being, perhaps, not an adventurer. Whew. Pardon Cavernous Hode for a minute while he catches his breath. Cavernous Hode thought this armor looked quite nice in the shop, but he is coming to believe the fit is not as good as he initially suspected."

The new and well-polished turtle shell breastplate he's wearing does seem to fit the dwarf rather poorly. However, that might simply be due to the fact that he appears to have it on backwards.

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion nodded in acceptance at when Damaris said that she knew how to handle a blade,but did not get the sudden realization Damaris got, and looked very confused at Tasanto's reply. When he was going to ask what a cattaur was, the servant opened the door. I guess later...

Once swept into the room, Tyrion takes a look around at the room with some interest, before turning towards the servant and attempting to ask for an ale. At that moment a knock on the door stopped the questions, and the servant disappears to answer the door.

He raises an eyebrow at the sudden appearance of a dwarf, which only seemed to drop in mild shock at as the dwarf started on a long rant about being an adventure. However, the most unsual thing was that the breastplate was not right. Which, having a similar one (made of metal, and not bone like the dwarf's) decided to leave a few pointers for the dwarf.

"Um. Cavernous Hode was? Ya got it on backwards. Ya new armor. Doubt it will do well, unless ya attacked from the rear."

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
The dwarf peers at the warrior dubiously. "It is not that Cavernous Hode doesn't trust the scruffy warrior, but ... he feels the scruffy warrior is perhaps sliiiiightly deficient in his understanding of tortoise physiology. Given that tortoises are creatures which wear their shells on their backs, Cavernous Hode must ask, what right-thinking armorer would construct a suit of tortoise armor in which the shell was on the front? Such an arrangement would be clearly unnatural."

Satin Knights

First Post
"Well, umm, humans have a tendency to not listen to nature. As an example to Cavernous Hode here, we have a strong house around us built of stone. Yet they put the very fragile glass here, on the windward side looking out over the water. When the storms come, as nature always has and always will have storms, the glass breaks. All they protect in their cave of stone becomes a wet mess. All because they didn't listen to nature. You see how they have nothing nice an pretty here." He shakes his head.

"Master Hode, try putting the armor on the weird way. They may have shaped it so it would be more comfortable that way."

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian watches the others quietly, and enters without saying anything. Once in the room, he accepts a light beverage, and seems to settle in when the dwarf and his entourage come charging in, at which point, everyone can hear a very distinct hiss from one of Thuvian's pockets and a pair of eyes staring at the rat. Thuvian just shakes his head at the latest comer briefly before speaking quietly, "I believe, master dwarf, the reasoning is that one is usually getting hit from the front, not the back, and thus, that is where they put the protection. Following the half-efl's suggestion will likely become very helpful in the first fight you have that on. In the mean time, we may as well introduce ourselves properly, as it appears that we are to be working with each other. I am Thuvian, a student of the shadows and other related arcane arts. Our good dwarf is obviously a student of nature, with his "pet" (at this point he stops for a second and eyes the rat suspiciously) around to help keep his few remaining brain cells from falling out entirely. Tasanto and his cattaur will obviously be joining the rat on the front line. What skills do you others bring to the table that attracted the attention of our employer?"

soulnova

Explorer
She pats Mr. Dickens softly on his head. "He's not a pet, he's a good friend of Cavernous Hode, aren't you Mr.Dickens?"

"Thuvian, glad to meet you too. I agree we should make proper presentation. I have a set of skills to support the group with distractions, ranged-" she points at her bow "and a sword if needed be".

"But of course, my main abilities are to inspire courage and charm through diplomacy"

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Indeed," says a voice from the entry. "Those are exactly the skills that I thought might be useful."

Turning you see a man standing in the doorway. He is taller than the average Venzan and exhibits the plumpness of the well-fed and wealthy. His face is somewhat effeminate with high cheekbones, pouty lips, and pale skin with cheeks reddened by the sea air of Venza. His clothing is well-made though no longer in the latest fashion. The man walks across the room and seats himself at the desk.

"I am Petru Angroza and I thank you for answering my summons." He motions with both hands towards those seated as if turning over the floor to them. "As it is my hope that you will soon be working together, please, continue your introductions."

[sblock=Knowledge (local) DC 15]House Angroza has been the subject of much rumor over the past several months: Petru's father was cursed; others say his dark past caught up with him or Petru poisoned him in order to take over the house; Angroza shipping suffered greatly in recent pirate forays and that the house is now broke. What is verifiably true is that Petru's father, head of house Angroza, spent a very large amount of money in debauched living in the three months before his death just one month ago.[/sblock]

• Petru Angroza •

Remove ads