[LPF] To Bee or Not to Bee

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck is visibly irritated with the HERMIT and is trying to stay under control.

[sblock]Intimidate attempt = 15[/sblock]

His voice raising a bit he replies IDIOTIC DOLTS!!!!!! AM I BOTHERING YOU? PERHAPS I CAN MAKE IT SO NO ONE EVERS BOTHERS YOU AGAIN. I suggest you take a different tone with me and my companions. We have come here because of the problem you created and unless you want to be fed to your creations a piece at a time you will answer our questions politely.

sunshadow21

Explorer
The man actually chuckles as he gives you his full attention. "Well, at least you have a backbone; that's more than some of these so called former adventurers can claim anymore. If you can come up with original questions as well, rather than simply repeating the same rubbish as all the fools before you, perhaps this wont be a complete waste of time after all."

BigB

First Post
Calming a bit with the reply of having a backbone Tsaaruck relaxes and continues his line of questioning. It seems the Bees are the biggest threat to the community if they build a hive. Is there a way to reverse the effects or a way other than fighting every single oversized Bug to return the community to a safe area?

Cyclopean

First Post
Llotah seems satisfied with Tsaaruck's negotiations. "Not that we couldn't fight 'em all if we had to," he adds. "Of course, if you have any advice on how to clear 'em out, we'd be glad to hear it. I think the gnome mentioned something about using smoke. You have anything like that? I'd figure an alchemist able to cook up something like those bees oughta have some good stuff he's just dying to test."

[sblock=ooc]Rolling diplomacy: 1d20+2=21

Also, it seems like we're missing most of our party here...[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I'll be dealing with the party situation tonight after I get home from work.[/sblock]

"By my count, it only affected a couple of bees that managed to escape; you seem to have enough head on your shoulder to handle that. And yes, since you were smart enough to ask the right questions, unlike so many of these wannabe adventurers turned farmers, I do have something that could help you out a bit. I'm sure you are familiar with both alchemical bombs and smoke sticks; I have studied both to try to create a smoke bomb. It still needs some perfecting, but I believe I have a version sufficiently advanced to serve as the core of an effective trap. I believe I may even know a good flower field to try it at. If you come back in the morning, I should have a good flower trap ready suitable for you opponents." The man actually seems pleasant as the conversations shifts into his comfort zone.

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck is content with the Hermits reply. Looking to Llotah What do you think? Should we go back and get something to eat and relax a bit before dealing with the bees in the morning? Turning back to the alchemist Thank you. We will be back in the morning. Is there anything else we will need?

Cyclopean

First Post
[sblock=ooc]We left for the alchemist's in the morning, right? What time is it now? I feel like we shouldn't burn an entire day waiting for Weatherbomb to finish his stuff--maybe we could go scout?[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Sorry about the delays. Real life issues are proving to be more of a pain, both literally and figuratively, than anticipated, but this week should see the end of the physical pain at least; seeing the dentist is never fun, but in this case, it's a bit overdue. Hopefully by end of the week, I'll be back on track.[/sblock]

The alchemist is able to produce a map quickly enough, and the field in question looks like a fairly standard open meadow surrounded by light forest.

OOC: Go ahead and give me a survival check to see how well you can spot a good place to put the decoy.

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck looks around. Well I know when I was desperate I could find bees nest in some out of the way places. He looks around a bit more finally deciding on a spot Here this is it.

[sblock]survival check = 17[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads