[LPF] To Bee or Not to Bee

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck has a look of panic on his face as he listens to Silver's daughter.I hope the crazy alchemist has been stopped!! Sounds like he is playing a dangerous game.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I am Asina. As for a reward, the mayor is asking residents and local farmers to pool their resources. There won't be much coin likely, but the hope is that enough people have some odds and ends sitting around that they aren't using that might be of some value to any would be exterminators. As for the alchemist, he's been adviced to contain his experiments better in the future, and he seems to be doing so for now at least. If you have any further questions, you can try asking him or some the local farmers for further aid or details. And of course, we have rooms for you to stay in as well."

With that, she gives you a nod towards the common room where several tables sit gathered around an open fire and a long bar sits along one of the walls. There aren't many folk still around due to the late hour, mostly staff doing the nightly cleaning, but there a few intrepid drinkers still about.

Cyclopean

First Post
"I'd 'contain' the alchemist, if I were you," mutters Llotah. Stretching, he continues in a louder voice: "Well, I generally prefer to hear a number ahead of time, but I'm sure we'll be able to work something out. As far as lodging, is there a stream or pond nearby? Not that I mean to refuse your hospitality, I'm just more dry than sore."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"From what I understand, he's actually halfway useful when he behaves, and there is a pond out back, as we do occasionally get merfolk visitors. And I wouldn't worry too much about your pay. We've attracted a surprising amount of retired adventurers around here of late that will likely have some old gear lying around."

Cyclopean

First Post
Llotah appears startled for the briefest of moments before assuming an affable grin. "Well, Asina, it seems we have a deal. I hope I didn't give you the impression that compensation is my only concern here; it seems you've got quite a problem, and who knows how far it'll spread if we don't deal with it now. I'm surprised to hear that you get merfolk this far inland; perhaps they're lured in by tales of the great beauty at the inn. Could you possibly tell me when the last time you had such visitors was? And did they say where they were from?"

[sblock=ooc]Rolling Diplomacy to try and improve our first impression. If someone trained in diplomacy wants to try, let's call this an assist another attempt.
Diplomacy: 1d20+2=13
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Do you know where the nest is? I think in the morning we should visit the Hermit and then the nest. For now I need some rest.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Aldrich would probably give you better answers than I on the location of the nest. As for the merfolk, we have a small population of retired adventurers here, many of whom continue to get visits by past friends, beyond that I don't know a whole lot."

The rest of the night is peaceful enough, and the party heads out in the morning after getting directions to the home of Aldric Weatherbomb, the recently settled alchemist who lived a short distance from town. The house is unremarkable as you approach it, and indeed, if you hadn't heard about the man already, you would have no way of knowing his trade or reputation from the house itself. Upon knocking on the door, a decently dressed servant greets you, "How may I help you today?"

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck looks around at the others waiting for someone more skilled in negotiations. As no others speak up his features twist in concentration as he tries to think the words to speak. We are here to speak with Aldric Weatherbomb on a matter of importance.

Cyclopean

First Post
Llotah waits patiently for Ragzhul or Gazrak to speak up, and sighs when he hears Tsaaruck's fumbling introduction. He continues, "More specifically, we're the folks who're going to deal with the...infestation. We've come to see if Mr. Aldrich can give us any information."

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: I apologize about the slow pace. An inconsistent work schedule is wreaking havoc on my energy levels.

The servant simply nods and disappears for a few minutes before returning and leading you to an enclosed courtyard that looks like a warzone. Multiple explosions and accidents of all kinds are clearly visible on the walls. In one corner there is a canopy setup with a small lab underneath where a gentleman you take to be Mr. Weatherbomb is working. He seems normal until he turns to talk to you, and at that point, you have to resist cringing, as his half of his face looks like it's simply been melted away, and the other half looks like its been hardboiled; whatever experiments he does are clearly not ones you want to be anywhere near while he is doing them. Speaking in a surprisingly pleasant tenor voice, "Why do you people keep bothering me? I already told you, the experiment that led to the "infestation" has been ceased, and there will be no more experiments along that line of inquiry until I can figure out a better containment system. Why do you idiotic dolts keep pestering me?"

Remove ads