[LPF] To Bee or Not to Bee

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck sees the bee fall and looks around when he realizes no other danger is present he relaxes a bit and is extremely grateful to the apprentice for returning his strength.

Upon encountering the gratitude of the farmers Tsaaruck realizes what he has missed until now. Finally he is accepted, not hunted by his own tribe or shunned by those that do not know him and fear his heritage. He fully embraces the farmers and indulges in a few tales of his heroism in battling the fierce strength stealing bees.

[sblock]Thanks for seeing this through sunshadow. I enjoyed the adventure.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
As the farmers begin to return to their homes Tsaaruck finds a seat more to himself as he waits for the mayors assistant to return. Thinking back on the recent adventures he wonders if giant rats and giant bees are going to be the extent of his conquests. He smirks as he thinks of the fierce warrior that swats bees and kills rodents. Will the bards sing of his name in jest? Oh well he has helped the community and survived another day hoping not to encounter any more bees or rats.

When the assistant returns Tsaaruck collects his reward and begins the walk back to the Dunn Wright Inn hoping to find his friends or hear of how they fair.

[sblock=ooc]I wanted to get Tsaaruck back to the DWI to see about an upcoming adventure. I will update his character sheet when you post exp and treasure. Thanks again.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[MENTION=40072]BigB[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6667193]sunshadow21[/MENTION]

Level him. Time-based experience earned is enough to put him Tsaaruck at 2nd level. Also I'll make some notes below to try to help out sunshadow21 with getting xp totals finished up.

Adventure length: 132 days (9.24 DMC)

---
Tsaaruck: (BigB) 1,089 (Starting xp) + 217 (TBX) = 1,306 + 600 (Enc 1&2) + 1,111 (TBX) = 3,017 xp (final total)
TBX thru July 24 (31 days): 31 * 7 = 217
TBX thru Nov 2 (101 days): 101 * 11 = 1,111
(Tsaaruck hit 2nd level on July 24 in the midst of a combat encounter)

1,297 (TBG) + 900 (encounter gold) = +2,197 gp earned this adventure
TBG thru July 24 (31 days): 31 * 6 = 186 gp
TBG thru Nov 2 (101 days): 101 * 11 = 1,111 gp
---

Llotah: (Cyclopean) 0 (starting xp) +756 (TBX) + 600 (Enc 1&2) = 1,356 xp (final total)
648 (TBG) +900 (encounter gold) = +1,548 gp earned
TBX thru Oct 9 (108 days): 108 * 7 = 756
TBG thru Oct 9 (108 days): 108 * 6 = 648
---

Ragzhul: (Melodramatic) 0 (starting xp) + 315 (TBX) + 200 (Enc 1) = 515 xp (final total)
270 (TBG) + 300 (encounter gold) = +570 gp earned
TBX thru Aug 7 (45 days): 45 * 7 = 315
TBG thru Aug 7 (45 days): 45 * 6 = 270
---

Gazrak: (Boat Nectar) 0 (starting xp) + 98 (TBX) + 200 (Enc 1) = 298 xp (final total)
83 (TBG) + 300 (Encounter gold) = +383 gp earned
TBX thru July 7 (14 days): 14 * 7 = 98
TBG thru July 7 (14 days): 14 * 6 = 83
---

Belendwar: (true-darkmoon) 0 (starting xp) + 63 (TBX) = 63 xp (final)
TBX thru July 2 (9 days): 9 * 7 = 63
TBG thru July 2 (9 days): 9 * 6 = 54
---

Encounter 1 (2 ants; CR 3) 800 xp, 1,200 gp
4 participants (BigB, Cyclopean, Melodramatic, Boat Nectar for the beginning)
Encounter finished July 30. 200 xp, 300 gp each

Encounter 2 (2 bees; CR 3) 800 xp, 1,200 gp
2 participants (BigB, Cyclopean)
Encounter finished Nov 2. 400 xp, 600 gp each

BigB (played to the end)
Cyclopean (last post Oct 9, 2013)
Melodramatic (last post Aug 7, 2013)
Boat Nectar (last post July 7, 2013)
true-darkmoon (last post July 2, 2013)

It's very difficult to tell based on what was posted in the game thread exactly what monsters were involved in the combats. I think the above is a fairly reasonable guess and an appropriate amount of experience. SS will have to chime in on the encounters for more reliable data.

Last edited:

Cyclopean

First Post
My apologies for letting this fall off of my radar. I seem to have stopped getting update emails at some point, but that's hardly an excuse.

I think I'll be taking a break from LPF for a while. I'll make sure to hang out in the DWI for a while before I try to join adventures again, to make sure I'll be able to give the game the attention my fellow players and GMs deserve.

sunshadow21

Explorer
CR 3 for both of those is appropriate for both encounters as they actually played out. They were originally planned to be a bit tougher but a limited schedule and party attrition limited my ability to flesh them out as planned. I had originally intended for the spider and the terrain to play a larger role in the first fight, but my schedule was not cooperative, and I downgraded the bees from the advanced template in the last fight due to the diminished party size. Thank you very much for working those numbers up. Work has been draining me hard of late.

--------------

As the party is waiting for the mayor's assistant to return with their reward, some of the farmers hand them various relics of an adventuring past that never came to bear fruit. An old wand of curing, several potions of curing, and a burnt out ioun stone whose only purpose now was to shed light stood out amongst the debris of broken dreams laid out before the new adventurers. Equally compelling were the stories that came with the items; some folks were content to be farmers, others wished they could still be adventurers if only they were being held back by this or that. By the time the mayor's assistant arrived with the coin, the new adventurers had learned that whatever lay ahead, it would not always be an easy road.

--------------
Treasure: Used Wand of Cure Light Wounds (17 charges) (255 gp), 2 Potions of Cure Light Wounds (50 gp each), Ioun Torch (75 gp)

How Treasure Works: If you see treasure you want to keep, you take it and subtract it's value from your overall gold take for the adventure. Work with your fellow party members as a single item can only be claimed by one person, they do not duplicate. Anything not claimed goes to the Mystic Pearl where it is available to everyone to purchase (normally magic items require someone to roll to see if they are available; anything left over from adventures is available without a roll).

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=sunshadow21]Since you've verified the encounter numbers I'll go ahead and work up numbers for the other players as I have time and edit them into my post above. I know you've had a bit of a rough time lately so if there is anything else I can do to help please let me know. --GE[/sblock]

Cyclopean

First Post
I think I'll just have Llotah stick with the gold; I don't know when I'll pick him up again, so I might as well let BigB and the folks at the Pearl take their pick.

Remove ads