• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Thank you for the offer, I think I will take a room to myself." replies Tenebrynn.

"Very well" says Abraham. He hands Tenebrynn a key. "You are in room 3. When you are ready, ask one of the boys to show you to your room. You must excuse me now, as another guest is asking for me." He leaves to visit Rinaldo.

Erekose13 said:
""I will have to stop by and visit the docks and the Mayor I guess. You had mentioned there were many wizards in Three Rings, is Prince Philip the only one with a collection of books?" he says to Beshcar as he returns to the conversation.

Beshcar thinks briefly. "I can't think of anyone else who has many books. Can you Ollie?" By now Ollie the elf wizard is resting his head on his hands on the bar. "No, I guess not." finishes Beshcar. "Good luck Tenebrynn. I reckon I ought to get Ollie here back home. Come on, buddy." Beshcar helps Ollie to his feet and starts leading him out of the inn.

Velmont said:
""Thank you. In that case, we will take two rooms. One with one bed and one with two."

Abraham ponders briefly. "All my rooms have two beds. I do have two rooms open tonight, but one is reserved for tomorrow. I'll go ahead & rent you both, but if no one else leaves, you will have to share or vacate one tomorrow."

orsal said:
"Do you come here often? This is my first time in Three Rings."

Wilfong shuffles and deals slowly and deliberately, allowing Nurlan to cut the cards. The cards are plain. There appears to be no cheating going on. Nurlan is dealt the following hand:
[sblock]Jack of diamonds, jack of hearts, 9 of clubs, 8 of diamonds, and four of clubs[/sblock]
Mordik is dealt: [sblock]queen of hearts, jack eight and two of clubs, and seven of diamonds[/sblock]

"Oh, "says Wilfong. "No. I've never been here before. Not on any major trade routes. Anyone care to bet? Nurlan first, then Mordlik, then me. Then we can all trade in what cards we will, then we'll bet once more."

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
"Oh, "says Wilfong. "No. I've never been here before. Not on any major trade routes.

"A shame. I was hoping for some advice about musicians in the area."

Manzanita said:
"Anyone care to bet? Nurlan first, then Mordlik, then me. Then we can all trade in what cards we will, then we'll bet once more."

Nurlan checks.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"Advice about musicians?" Wilfong's eyes bulge. "You are new around here. There's the Theatre of Mystic Celebrations. The owner Bartholomew is an accomplished misician."

He lowers his voice. Only two other tables are occupied now, Rinaldo's and the one with the man and the midgit. "Anything else you want to know?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan

"I'm always on the lookout for instrumental performers to play with. Singing a capella is fine, but never as interesting as singing with accompaniment. Wherever I travel I like to meet other musicians, sometimes to teach each other songs but also to play together. Maybe find a lute player or a cornettist, do a few sets together."

Velmont

First Post
"Well, I've always prefered to sleep alone, but if there is no other choice... do you have something for someone to sleep on the ground? Oh, and I left my nice suits behind me. I would like to be at my best to see Prince Philip. Could you give me the name of your tailor?"

Manzanita

First Post
Velmont said:
"Well, I've always prefered to sleep alone, but if there is no other choice... do you have something for someone to sleep on the ground? Oh, and I left my nice suits behind me. I would like to be at my best to see Prince Philip. Could you give me the name of your tailor?"

"Yes. We can provide you with a straw mat, pillow and blanket. That would only be 1 extra silver per night. But we can worry about that tomorrow. Tonight you will have two rooms, 4 & 7. When you are ready, ask one of the boys to show you to your rooms. As for my tailor..." Abraham glances around, and points to the drunken 8 fingered elf being led out of the room. "He's quite good actually. I wouldn't bother calling on him too early tomorrow, though. One of the boys can give you directions to his shop."

Manzanita

First Post
Wilfong

Wilfong places three silver pieces in the pot. You can see his bet, fold or raise. He smiles sportingly.

"Bartholomew has a team he works with. They do music, comedy, drama. Perhaps he would hire you on, somehow. Can't say. He's quite good, for a backwater town such as this, anyway."

gambling wins/losses are not covered by per diem. Feel free to turn in anytime. It's Tuesday night. The murder was discovered Monday morning.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Wilfong places three silver pieces in the pot. You can see his bet, fold or raise. He smiles sportingly.

"Bartholomew has a team he works with. They do music, comedy, drama. Perhaps he would hire you on, somehow. Can't say. He's quite good, for a backwater town such as this, anyway."

gambling wins/losses are not covered by per diem. Feel free to turn in anytime. It's Tuesday night. The murder was discovered Monday morning.

Nurlan will see the bet. "Thanks. I'll try to see him tomorrow."

Erekose13

Explorer
Beshcar thinks briefly. "I can't think of anyone else who has many books. Can you Ollie?" By now Ollie the elf wizard is resting his head on his hands on the bar. "No, I guess not." finishes Beshcar. "Good luck Tenebrynn. I reckon I ought to get Ollie here back home. Come on, buddy." Beshcar helps Ollie to his feet and starts leading him out of the inn.

"Thank you for your hospitality Beshcar, hope Ollie is feeling better in the morning." Tenebrynn says after having thanked Abraham for the room.

He then looks around to see who is left in the bar. Seeing Nurlan and Mordik gambling and seeing Rinaldo speaking to Abraham now, his eyes trail over the rest of the room looking for any other clues he might have missed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads