• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Manzanita

First Post
bedtime

Everyone retires to their rooms. It is not particularly difficult to determine where the others are staying, so I will mark each person's room on the map. The outhouse is out the back, in a fenced in area behind the in also containing numerous trees, a large garden, a corral, barn and a hut.

Each room has two double beds along the wall farthest from the wall. A table with two iron candlesticks and four chairs occupies the center of the room. Near the door is a dresser with an iron candlestick and four drawers. The single window is barred and has shutters on the inside. A large carpet covers the floor, leaving only three inches of floor exposed on each side of the room. Under each bed, concealed by the ruffled bedding, is a chest for storing personal belongings.

Tenebrynn, Nurlan and Mordik, please return to your private threads. Each party, please make a post describing any actions you take in the night, including security precautions. And when you will awake in the morning, whether by chance or by plan. Remember, sunrise is 7 am.

Attachments

• inn.JPG
    inn.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 96

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar casts his second detect magic, scanning through the room, somewhat suspicious from his observation earlier.

(Are there candles for our use, or need we provide them ourselves?)

Manzanita

First Post
There are candles in the candelabra.

Ashnar detects no magic within his room, other than that which is carried by him or his companions. He does detect faint conjuration about 20 feet to the north.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Just as as Said, and Rinaldo will try to wake up a bit before sunset. "Le jour appartient a celui qui se lève tot." (The day is to the one who wakes up early)

jkason

First Post
Eanos tries to maintain his role as guard, rousing himself at various intervals (I'm thinking every hour or two) in the night to to take a short "patrol" between his room and Rinaldo's. When he is sleeping, he keeps one of his sai under his pillow, hidden but easily available, and the quarterstaff leaning on the wall in easy reach. If no one has gathered the trio before then, he'll officially wake at dawn.

[OOC: If Ashnar shares his information about the direction of spell work, Eanos will set off on a patrol at that point, knocking to "check up on" Rinaldo, but actually to share with him the proximity magic (assuming Ashnar doesn't think that's just Rinaldo's hat, of course)]

Knight Otu

First Post
"I hope that the tailor has something fitting for me as well." Ashnar says, getting out his writing utensils. He writes - A precaution, we best not talk about out goals. Abraham wears a vest that might fit the button found on the crime scene. Certainly Rinaldo noticed. I noted an aura of conjuration magic about 20 feet north. Faint, but there. Either in the room adjacent to ours', or adjacent to Rinaldo's.

(How large is the room? That should help place the aura in the right room)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Conjuration? My rod and armor are transmutation, my hat must be illusion and my potion... well, they are conjuration. But I suppose you meansomething else than these aura :)

jkason

First Post
Knight Otu said:
"I hope that the tailor has something fitting for me as well." Ashnar says, getting out his writing utensils. He writes - A precaution, we best not talk about out goals. Abraham wears a vest that might fit the button found on the crime scene. Certainly Rinaldo noticed. I noted an aura of conjuration magic about 20 feet north. Faint, but there. Either in the room adjacent to ours', or adjacent to Rinaldo's.

(How large is the room? That should help place the aura in the right room)

"A good tailor has something to fit every man's needs," Eanos returns aloud. Borrowing Ashnar's pen, he writes I noticed the button, as well, though I saw none missing on tonight's staff. I'll convey your magical detection to Rinaldo.

If you're sufficiently settled, master Ashnar, I'll be checking the security in master Rinaldo's room," the monk verbalizes, then sets off to do so, passing along Asnhar's findings in the process.

Manzanita

First Post
On the map, each square is 5 feet wide. I wasn't counting Rinaldo's items.

I'm waiting on another party to act before I skip to sunrise. You could discuss the actions you plan to take upon morning.

jkason

First Post
OOC: morning plans

I believe we decided to check out the tailor first thing, delaying trying to see Philip until after we check out the lead with the button. Or that's what I gathered from Rinaldo's dialogue in the common room. The others can feel free to correct me if my impressions are wrong.

Remove ads