M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I think there is two things t do the day after. Looking for the vest and going meet the prince and ask him about the hair. Going meet the tailor might be a good idea to start with, and make more sense with the history I build (need a new vest to meet the prince), but as he is drunk, it may delay a lot later the meeting with the prince. (Wait to see tehvtailor and then, the tailor must do the vest).

Manzanita

First Post
In the morning, the various groups converge in the common room for breakfast. Glimpses are caught of each other in the halls and by the outhouse as well. The food is good, and the same boys dash around providing prompt, polite service. James is 12, with long blond hair held back in a pony tail. Balmir wears his long black hair back as well. He is a little older, but smaller. They are joined this morning by a young woman, Rillis, who is older still, about 17. She seems to be a favorite of the regulars, as she is very cute, and somewhat flirtatious. The morning fry cook is the bearded bartender from the night before. You come to know him as Glami. The midget and his friend come in about 8 o’clock. Wilfong, the gambler, arrives soon afterwards for his eggs. Another man shows up in the morning, and apparently also stays in the inn. He has long black hair, wears a black cape and a longsword at his waist. Tenebrynn, Nurlan, Mordik, Rinaldo, Ashnar, and Eanos are all present. Abraham the innkeeper isn't there.

Please post any particular interactions you seek out, tips made or whatever.

Manzanita

First Post
map

For what its worth, I'll include the map of the city. The PCs wouldn't necessarily know this whole map, but its simple & contains no spoilers. The inn is building area #2. The mayor's castle is #1. The tailor's house is #20. Directions to these places are easily available at the inn. Phillip's tower is on an island offshore. It is accessed via boat at the docks.

The name of the town in the original module is Garroten. The lake is now the sea. I've changed a few things...

Attachments

• L2_sTown.JPG
    L2_sTown.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 115

jkason

First Post
Eanos grabs James, both to order breakfast and to get directions to the tailor. Once he has these pieces, he eats and keeps watch. As Rinaldo is ostensibly his employer, he waits for him to publically declare their destination.

Erekose13

Explorer
After breakfast is served Tenebrynn makes small talk with those in the tavern. Given that there are not many besides the group he chats with Eanos and Rinaldo. Introducing himself first and then chatting about what brings them to town and the weather, etc.

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar will tip the boy or the woman (whoever serves him) with a silver piece, and chat with whomever has the time (preferrably, he'll ask the person serving him), talking about generalities, the town, who lives here, what interesting stuff has happened recently and the like.
He will, however, only ask questions that are relatively harmless, and would be expected from an interested visitor.

Manzanita

First Post
Nurlan and Mordik are also in the room. They sit at a square table next to the man in black. "Hi, I'm Nurlan. Who are you?" anyone close can hear him ask.

"Ah yes." he replies, wiping his mouth with his napkin and extending his hand to shake. "I'm Basmar. Were you looking for me? Ah, no, I see. I'm a captain. I take frieght here and there from the docks. Not a musical sort. You could try that Balmorrow fellow at the theater, though I wouldn't trust him with more than your admission ticket. Just here to play music, are you? Nothing else you need?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
You could try that Balmorrow fellow at the theater, though I wouldn't trust him with more than your admission ticket.

Nurlan suppresses a chuckle. "There's a story there, it sounds like. Care to tell me a little more?"

Mordik, meanwhile, is wolfing down a bowl of porridge, not offering anything to the conversation, nor even making it apparent whether he is listening.

Manzanita

First Post
Basmar stares at Nurlan blankly for a moment, then turns away. "No. Just don't trust those... well. A man's got to earn a living. Can't be dumping all me coin at some dog and pony show."

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Basmar stares at Nurlan blankly for a moment, then turns away. "No. Just don't trust those... well. A man's got to earn a living. Can't be dumping all me coin at some dog and pony show."

"Sorry if my question offended you. If you'd rather not talk more about it that's OK." He turns to the table where Tenebrynn and the others are making small talk and asks, "How about you? How long have you been in this town?"

Remove ads