• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

jkason

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Yes. We can provide you with a straw mat, pillow and blanket. That would only be 1 extra silver per night. But we can worry about that tomorrow. Tonight you will have two rooms, 4 & 7. When you are ready, ask one of the boys to show you to your rooms. As for my tailor..." Abraham glances around, and points to the drunken 8 fingered elf being led out of the room. "He's quite good actually. I wouldn't bother calling on him too early tomorrow, though. One of the boys can give you directions to his shop."

Noticing the place clearing out, Eanos continues his bodyguard role by leaning over to Rinaldo. As he's "in character," he doesn't bother to lower his voice to avoid eavesdropping.

"Sir, if we've arranged everything for the evening, perhaps we can have our meals sent to our rooms, where we can rest up for tomorrow? Early rising may help us in our efforts to ... set traps for our exotic quarry."

orsal

LEW Judge
ooc: I'm about to disconnect my internet service -- moving out of this place. If I'm inactive for a couple days, that's why. Manzanita: in the current poker hand,
[sblock]Nurlan will draw three cards, keeping the pair. If he doesn't improve on one pair, he'll see all bets after the draw without raising.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
waiting on Mordik to fold, see or raise.

Tenebrynn sees nothing else of particular interest in the room. The two strangers at the other table are drinking beer and don't seem to be talking to each other.

Erekose13

Explorer
Turning his attention back to the inn keeper, Tenebrynn asks, "So Abraham, things are looking a little quiet around here and while I'm not one for cards I was wondering what else you might suggest in Three Rings at this time of night?"

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo nods. "Thank you very much. Here for this night. Friend, you'll sleep with our guard. I wouldn't want something to happen to you. For myself, I'll stay alone in the other, I have some things to do late at night and I wouldn't want you to be disturb by the sound of my quills and the light of my candle." He says to Ashnar. After that, he starts to talk of a bit of everything with Ashnar.

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"So Abraham, things are looking a little quiet around here and while I'm not one for cards I was wondering what else you might suggest in Three Rings at this time of night?"

"A hot bath and warm bed!" The innkeeper laughs. "If you were a little earlier, you could catch the show at the Theater. But they don't let anyone in after 8, so you've already missed it. You could catch tomorrow's show. It's very entertaining. How 'bout another drink?"

Perhaps Rinaldo's crew should retire for the night? I'll NPC Mordik for now, since I'd like to keep everyone moving. Mordik and Nurlan may be the slow group, as they've both indicated they may not be posting much these days. Unless there are any bright ideas, perhaps everyone should turn in.

Mordik eyes his cards, then folds. Nurlan turns in three cards, and gets a king and five of hearts, and a four of spades. Leaving him with a pair of jacks. Wilfong lays down two cards, and replaces them from the deck. Nurlan passes on his next bet. Wilfong lays down a gold coin. Nurlan sees his bet, ending the game. Wilfong reveals his cards, showing a pair of aces and a pair of fives.

With a shrug of his shoulders, he pulls in his winnings. "A lucky night for me."

I've edited my first post in this thread to keep track of PC data, such as gambling losses :uhoh: , hit points, etc.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Manzanita said:
Perhaps Rinaldo's crew should retire for the night? I'll NPC Mordik for now, since I'd like to keep everyone moving. Mordik and Nurlan may be the slow group, as they've both indicated they may not be posting much these days. Unless there are any bright ideas, perhaps everyone should turn in.

works for me. Eanos made an IC suggestion to that effect, so whenever Rinaldo and Ashnar feel they've seen / done all they want to for the night, just assume Eanos heads up to the rooms with them. Figured I'd get that in now in case the stupid hurricane knocks out power and net access. ;)

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Wilfong reveals his cards, showing a pair of aces and a pair of fives.

With a shrug of his shoulders, he pulls in his winnings. "A lucky night for me."

"Indeed," says Nurlan. "Anyway, I think it is time to call it a night. Mordik, are you ready? Thank you, sir, for your advice about Three Rings. Perhaps I shall see you around again?"

OOC: back online, and fully connected at my new address.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Sure, speak a bit to show we have a pleasant night and then leave to our room. Rinaldo will leave a candle ligthen to show he is working, but he'll make sure he wouldn't burn the Inn :p

Erekose13

Explorer
"Another drink would be perfect." replies Tenebrynn. As the others retire he finishes the drink and continues chatting with Abraham. With the bar's clientele down to virtually nothing Tenebrynn eventually retires as well.

Remove ads