M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I'm not inclined to RP it out. I'll assume Rinaldo can get him down to 85 gps.

"This vest is nothing special. Abraham just took a fancy to the design. He liked the pockets & such. I've made no others. So you'll be back this afternoon for your clothes? And in a few days for the vest? How many did you want then?" asks Ollie.

Velmont

First Post
"I'll take only one vest... but one last thing. I think I've seen a seen a small hole in his vest that had been repaired. The correction wasn't well made. Have you done any mending on his vest lately... I suppose not... I might have something to mend, but I want something clean and invisible."

Manzanita

First Post
"Mend his vests? No. I don't recall. He can mend his own clothes I suspect. Perhaps he's tried but isn't much good. No. I suggest you mention that he should bring them here. I can mend them quite well."

Velmont

First Post
"I'll do it.. thanks. I'll be back this afternoon."

Rinaldo gets out of the shop and once he is sure now one will hear there discussion, he tells to Eanos and Ashnar.

"What do you think about that?"

jkason

First Post
OOC: Can I sneak a Sense Motive in there? If not, that's fine, too.

Eanos shrugs. "Well, we know the vest is effectively an exclusive to the inn. It might do us well on our return to see if we can discover if any employees are newly-arrived or newly-departed. Or, perhaps, if one of them travels regularly?

"Assuming the button isn't a plant or that an inn employee wasn't a thrall of some sort (I'm not sure we should dismiss it, mind you, but it's probably best to set those ideas aside until we've exhausted this line of investigation), work at the inn would have to be at best a cover, temporary or permanent. I have a hard time believing a random grudge from an inn worker would give suddenly give one the skill to pull off this murder."

Velmont

First Post
"I wonder on one thing. The tailor seems not to have touch the vest for some times, and the Innkeeper had all his button. We got one. Is that mean the Innkeeper had extra button in case he lose one? Or is it someone who want to make us thing the Innkeeper is in that? It's true it offer a good cover, I would be interested to know since when our Innkeeper have his job there. We have time before us before we can go see the prince. Maybe just notice the Prince we want to see him this afternoon before continuing our investigation."

Manzanita

First Post
You were not able to see the innkeeper's whole vest due to his wearing an apron. He may have been missing a lower button. Or may not have.

Next step?

jkason

First Post
Ooc

Might as well continue the direction we've been going, seeking an audience with the Prince. If that involves making an appointment for later in the day, we can always go back and see if we can check out Abraham's vest in the meantime.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: First, get an appointment with the Prince. I would be willing to wait for the outfit to make a better impression, but taking the appointment now gives us more chance to have it later.

After that, we could simply return to the Inn, continue looking for the Innkeeper's vest problem waiting for the outfit to be ready. It would look normal we wait after getting the appointment.

Knight Otu

First Post
At the tailor's shop, Ashnar looks for clothing similar to his current outfit, but much finer, if possible (effectively noble's outfit variant of scholar's outfit). He is only interested in bright colors - white, yellow or orange.

He also agrees to get an appointment with the prince for later today.

Remove ads