• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Manzanita

First Post
"Ah. You managed to get the trapdoor in your room open, and you explored the tunnel did you? You are adventurous types. Well, the tunnel goes to my room as well, and I lock mine from the top. I do go in there occationally."Abraham says.

"In any case," says Balmorrow. "we do have some ideas who is in the guild. But this conversation will get everyone involved. Glami, you go to bed. There is no need for you to be involved in this further. As for the rest of you, you are clearly brave and talented, but I fail to see your real interest. There is no reward for you to be involved. There is little promise of treasure that we know of. And it will be dangerous work. You could leave today. As you are aware, we must be careful whom we can trust. What is your stake in this venture?"

NakuruSai

First Post
Nurlan, Tenebrynn, Eanos, and Ashnar follow Abraham into the common room. At this point, Rinaldo is in his room. Mordik presumably follows the others into the common room, but can post otherwise if he wishes.
OOC: [sblock]My original intentions were to come back to one of the party's rooms to confide. Assuming I took a little longer getting back (as I was trying to not be seen and silent), and was able to hear the change of plans I will also continue to the common room. My apologies if my original intentions were not well-described.[/sblock]

What is your stake in this venture?
Mordik has been quiet til now, but seems to feel he's held his tongue long enough. [smallcaps]What's it matter what our interest is? We want ta' help and ya know we aint gonna kill ya otherwise we already woulda done it.[/smallcaps] Mordik grins as adds the last part. [smallcaps]Ya gonna give us information or are ye gonna send away perfectly able-bodied adventurers willin ta help!?[/smallcaps]

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
"We, too, have some leads as to potential members of the guild. Master Abraham, would you be so kind to recount the events of the evening a bit more detailed? It may give us a better idea on the who.
Our stakes? Well, Master Tenebrynn's reasons for involvement seem to be confidential. Mine are Loyalty and Duty to those who would need me. The presence of such a guild is a danger not to be underestimated to all of Enworld.
"

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos echoes the mages' sentiments. "A stable guild of killers only makes a bodyguard's job more difficult," he says, "It's hardly a simple, local matter, is it?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita (Balmorrow) said:
" As for the rest of you, you are clearly brave and talented, but I fail to see your real interest. There is no reward for you to be involved. There is little promise of treasure that we know of. And it will be dangerous work. You could leave today. As you are aware, we must be careful whom we can trust. What is your stake in this venture?"

Nurlan up to this point has been quiet, listening to the others' reports as if hearing of it all for the first time. In repsonse to Balmorrow's question, he hesitates, choosing his words carefully:

"My stake? Janeli the legendary dragon-slayer, of whose valour you all heard me sing earlier this evening, never asked what treasure he might expect when he decided to go hunting dragons. He simply saw a community suffering from their ravages and decided to do what needed to be done then. So it is with all the great men of courage. They do not set out to be heroes for a living. They merely find themselves in the wrong place at the right time, and respond as needed. Having spent my life collecting songs about them, I think I should know. Tonight, I find myself in the wrong place at the right time. Within a few feet of me an assassin attempts at the life of my host, but I am around just when it seems it is time for the assassins' enemies to act decisively. I too am prepared to do what must be done. And I can promise you total secrecy as long as the threat of the Black Hand remains; however, once it is history, and the bravery of those who vanquish it the stuff of song and story, I will no doubt be singing your praises to the six corners of Enworld."

Manzanita

First Post
"So, you do seem committed. These men kill for pay. They kill without mercy. And they kill to protect their own. You have some ideas of who might be involved, eh?" asks Balmorrow. "Perhaps you should fetch master Rinaldo from his room. We do need to figure out where to start."

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos nods. "I've been amiss in leaving him, surely," he says, then pauses and turns to Nurlan.

"Given that I'm a poor one with tales and you an expert, perhaps you'd accompany me, Master Nurlan, to fill in Master Rinaldo to the present circumstances?"

orsal

LEW Judge
jkason said:
Eanos nods. "I've been amiss in leaving him, surely," he says, then pauses and turns to Nurlan.

"Given that I'm a poor one with tales and you an expert, perhaps you'd accompany me, Master Nurlan, to fill in Master Rinaldo to the present circumstances?"

"Sure. We'll be back in a few minutes." Nurlan goes with Eanos back to Rinaldo's room.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

orsal said:
"Sure. We'll be back in a few minutes." Nurlan goes with Eanos back to Rinaldo's room.

"Apologies for my clumsy dissembling," Eanos whispers to Nurlan once they're out of earshot. "I just thought Rinaldo looked in a bad way when we saw him, and I thought I remembered the men who've travelled with you before mentioning you might have a magic device that might heal him?"

orsal

LEW Judge
jkason said:
"Apologies for my clumsy dissembling," Eanos whispers to Nurlan once they're out of earshot. "I just thought Rinaldo looked in a bad way when we saw him, and I thought I remembered the men who've travelled with you before mentioning you might have a magic device that might heal him?"

Nurlan nods. I thought there was a reason Eanos wanted me along, he thinks.

Together they go to Rinaldo's room. "Rinaldo? How're you doing?" he asks the merchant.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads