• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
"Good points both. Yes lets join the crew in the common room before they head out the door with torches and pitch forks." replies Tenebrynn.

Manzanita

First Post
the Inn

Nurlan, Tenebrynn, Eanos, and Ashnar follow Abraham into the common room. At this point, Rinaldo is in his room. Mordik presumably follows the others into the common room, but can post otherwise if he wishes.

Abraham lights a lamp and gestures the company to take a seat. "Balmorrow and Martin will be here shortly, I imagine. Anyone for a drink? On the house. I could sure use one." Abraham takes out a bottle of whiskey and a tray of glasses and brings them to the round table. A goose egg bump is now evident on his head.

"Ever here of the Black Hand? Its an assassin's guild. Headquartered here, I think. I've been investigating them on my own. They must have figured this out. Oh, hello."

Glami the bartender walks in the front door, along with Balmorrow the bard and the bearded man in green robes the party has seen here several times before.

"Martin, Balmorrow, I believe you know some of these gentlemen. Only minutes ago, a man entered my room who looked just like me. He attacked me. I can only think that this is the work of the Black Hand. These men have said theey would help if we act against the guild." says Abraham

Balmorrow scowls. "Abraham, I'm glad you survived. But this is a very delicate and dangerous matter. We should discuss it in private first. If your assailant can change his form, he might still be in this room now."

jkason

First Post
Manzanita said:
Balmorrow scowls. "Abraham, I'm glad you survived. But this is a very delicate and dangerous matter. We should discuss it in private first. If your assailant can change his form, he might still be in this room now."

"Only if the assailant also has the power to duplicate himself," Eanos responds. "As Abraham can attest, the four of us were in the hallway when his doppelganger came barreling by, so it couldn't have been one of us."

Almost as an afterthought, he adds, "And greetings. My name is Eanos."

Erekose13

Explorer
OOC: I think Tenebrynn has it. He used it as a focus for Locate Object when they first got into the inn, I don't think that he gave it back to anyone. Though of course I could be wrong.

Tenebrynn remains silent for the moment, reluctant to add his own introduction given Balmorrow's hesitance.

Knight Otu

First Post
As Ashnar enters the common room, he drops any pretense of "absent-minded scholar" he held before. "Master Balmorrow, I certainly understand your concern and distrust, but I can assure you that none of us are the mystery assailant." He says Rinaldo attacked him? I suppose I might need to talk to Rinaldo later.
He turns to Abraham "Are you wounded?"
Assuming that the answer is no, Ashnar continues "I regret that I had to withhold information, but I did have reason to expect an assassin in this town. I was asked to keep my eyes open with regards to that. And as chance would have it..." Chance, bah. "I wasn't the only one. It might not surprise you that our examinations uncovered something in the inn rooms." At this point, Ashnar prepares himself against an assault, in case Abraham or his friends is not as innocent as they seem.

Manzanita

First Post
Abraham assures Balmorrow that Eanos speaks truely. At Ashnar's words, both men look surprised. "You do know of these assassins, then? Who told you of this, and who else knows? And what did you find in the roooms?" Abraham is bruised, but is not bleeding.

Knight Otu

First Post
Could it be they don't know...? Ashnar looks over the three, trying to determine if they are truthful (Sense Motive). "We know too little about the assassins to act, especially after the scene we just witnessed. And what we found in our rooms - trapdoors, looked from beneath." Ashnar looks at Tenebrynn and says "Master Tenebrynn, I believe you said you had something else?"

Manzanita

First Post
"Ah. The trapdoors." Abraham colors. Balmorrow smiles at him.

"I did have those trapdoors put in years ago. A mistake, perhaps. It was soon after I began to suspect that the assassins made their home in this very town. I even suspected that some of them stay in this very inn. And that they do their deals here at times. I thought I could learn about this, and increase my own safety. In truth, I have discovered little from this secret passage." Abraham says.

OOC: Ashnar does not get the sense Abraham is lying. Neither does Eanos.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Regarding the trapdoors? We have gained entry to the trapdoor beneath my room. It lead to a small corridor underneath all of the rooms. We explored it a little, but each short ladder only lead up to another room. At the end of the corridor however we discovered that there was one door that had a lock on the outside, allowing only entry to the corridor through there. The room would have been down the hall from mine I think." replies Tenebrynn hopefully not giving away too much.

Ashnar couldnt be talking about the button could he? Then we would have to explain where we got it and I don't think he means to reveal the Admiral's murder quite yet. Tenebrynn thinks to himself.

Remove ads