• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Abraham nods slowly listening to Nurlan, Ashnar and Eanos. "If you would put your life on the line for the cause of good, then perhaps there is much you could do. Are you simply wandering merchants and musicians, searching for another day's pay, or might you answer to a higher calling?"

"Good sir, in all my travels I have yet to meet a man who was simply his vocation. Are you simply an innkeeper? There are thousands of innkeepers in all the lands of Enworld; if the man known as Abraham is one of them, there is still surely much to be said about him that distinguishes him from the rest, so to describe him merely as an innkeeper is to overlook much that makes him who he is. Likewise, I am a musician first and foremost, but it is not all that I am. As I am a man, living among men, not to mention among elves and dwarves and hobbits and the other mortal creatures who make up this world, the dramas that occupy their world are the events in my world too, and I would not do well to ignore them."

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar, almost having returned to his room, turns back and says with a smile "There are six sides to a cube. Unaided by a mirror, one will never see all of these sides. And all but the most sophisticated viewers will miss the seventh side of the cube - the interior. Each person, each life, is like a cube, often even to themselves. Few can say that they opened the trapdoors in their souls and saw what their duty in life shall be."

Manzanita

First Post
Abraham

"You speak in riddles, perhaps, but it seems the assassins have tried to kill me. I will not go down without a fight. My friends are also known to the assassins, and together we will fight back. If ye be brave of heart, not overly fond of your life, and eager to end their villainry, then come with me to the common room. We will discuss our next move."

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I suppose I'll roll for the potion: 5, back to 10 hp.

Rinaldo stares at the dark of the room. He hear some discussion outside, unable to decipher the words. At least, it seems that all is under control. He thinks that he has been caught like a beginner. He will need to see with Nurlan about that wounds that seems still deep, even if the potion seems to have stopped the bleeding. And it is only now that a safer idea to close the trap have come to his mind. He needs to talk to Ashnar about it.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita (Abraham) said:
"If ye be brave of heart, not overly fond of your life, and eager to end their villainry, then come with me to the common room. We will discuss our next move."

"Mr. Abraham, you do make your endeavour sound discouraging. But life's adventure is built on following unexpected twists, and I shall follow this one." He goes along with Abraham to the common room.

Knight Otu

First Post
Strong of mind, this man. If we allow him to continue, things may spiral out of control.

"I will certainly come, but I'd like to have a quick private talk beforehand with Eanos." Ashnar says, trying to subtly signal Tenebrynn that he would be included in that private talk.

Once Ashnar is certain that Abraham, or anyone else not supposed to listen, isn't able to overhear, he adresses Eanos and Tenebrynn. "We have to stop Abraham somehow. I think the best option is - confide him into a small part of our investigations. Only enough to calm him for the night. Objections?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn notices Ashnar's signal and hangs around until Nurlan has accompanied Abraham down stairs. "I don't know, hopefully he wont be able to find Rinaldo but may actually lead us to some of the villanous elements of the town. It could be good to have someone in town leading us to our next clue, especially if they don't know our alternative objectives." he says.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"Good points. But if we're to dissuade Abraham from brash courses of action, we'd best join him, yes?" Eanos says, heading down behind Nurlan and the Innkeeper.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads