• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan Naibi, human bard 3 / fighter 1

On the way to the city, Nurlan shares some more of his thoughts. "You know, Mordik, I'm thinking about why I'd be travelling with my own bodyguard. It's not unusual for a troupe of performers to have their own security, but for a lone minstrel like me... if I've got a personal bodyguard, I've got to be much more important than I am. Could we make you a sort of all-purpose assistant? Your work could include providing some protective muscle, but maybe you could also help me a little with stage performances, hand me props that I like to use when I sing particular songs. I think your presence would be a little less suspicious that way."

jkason said:
Eanos looks up at the sun, then says to the gathered, "Given the time of day and the time it's like to take for us to get there, perhaps we should space out by the half-hour rather than the several hours Rinaldo first suggested."

"That sounds reasonable."

NakuruSai

First Post
On the way to the city, Nurlan shares some more of his thoughts. "You know, Mordik, I'm thinking about why I'd be travelling with my own bodyguard. It's not unusual for a troupe of performers to have their own security, but for a lone minstrel like me... if I've got a personal bodyguard, I've got to be much more important than I am. Could we make you a sort of all-purpose assistant? Your work could include providing some protective muscle, but maybe you could also help me a little with stage performances, hand me props that I like to use when I sing particular songs. I think your presence would be a little less suspicious that way."
Mordik seems to think a moment..after some deliberation says:
[smallcaps]
Makes sense. Just give me some direction, I'll help during your shows.
[/smallcaps]

Manzanita

First Post
After giving the matter some thought, I've decided to split this adventure into three threads. I don't know how long this will last, but since the characters have indicated they may pursue separate lines of inquiry, and will attempt present themselves to others as strangers, having separate threads will probably be the most entertaining and realistic approach. As such, I'll start a new thread for Tenebrynn first. And a second for Nurlan and Mordik. The larger group will continue in this thread. I'm assuming Tenebrynn holds the red button, Rinaldo the tuft of hair, and Nurlan the golden twine.

Erekose, please read no further in this thread for now. I"ll start another for you.

The rest of the group rests their horses by a small orchard. The crescent moon provides some light. A peacefull breeze makes it a nice night for a chat while you wait.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo lay down and take some rest. "I hope he will be all right. I've never liked the idea to let someone go alone like that... but Tenebrynn is a capable man, I shouldn't worry that much. It's not like if he was going alone in a moathouse or bandit camp."

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Velmont said:
Rinaldo lay down and take some rest. "I hope he will be all right. I've never liked the idea to let someone go alone like that... but Tenebrynn is a capable man, I shouldn't worry that much. It's not like if he was going alone in a moathouse or bandit camp."

As Rinaldo rests and the sun continues to set, Eanos does his best to fulfill the bodyguard role he's accepted. He checks the horses, eyes the gear, and otherwise attempts to channel his vigilance as his training allows while making a slow circle around their resting spot, quarterstaff in hand, sais ready to draw if need be.

"Besides," Eanos offers, smirking,"he'll have an extra hour of the inn's hospitality and ale to compensate for the risk."

[OOC: I'm not sure I know where we are at the moment. Are we waiting at the docks, or somewhere along the road to the city?]

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar does not voice any dissent with the decisions made.

(Manzanita - is it safe to assume that Ashnar finds the disks to be non-magical with his spell?)

Manzanita

First Post
Knight Otu said:
(Manzanita - is it safe to assume that Ashnar finds the disks to be non-magical with his spell?)

Yes, sorry, I lost track of your spell there. I don't believe the disks radiate magic. They were the object of a visible arcane mark spell, but have no other magical qualities.

jkason said:
[OOC: I'm not sure I know where we are at the moment. Are we waiting at the docks, or somewhere along the road to the city?]

You're waiting along the road in some farmland by some apple trees.

30 minutes pass in quiet. I'll set up a thread for Nurlan & Mordlik, assuming they leave next.

jkason

First Post
FYI, I'm going to be out of town visiting my new niece for the next week. I'll be back in town the 23rd. I should have internet access during the vacation, just not as much time to spend online. I'll try to keep up, but if it's holding up the game, feel free to NPC Eanos.

NakuruSai

First Post
OOC:
I guess now would be a good time to add- I am getting married on August 27th, after which I'm going on a Honeymoon, of course. So between Aug27 and Sept2, I will be unable to play. So..by all means, if I am holding up the game, NPC Mordik between those times.

orsal

LEW Judge
even more absences

...and I'm moving next week. Packing should keep me occupied Monday/Tuesday, driving Wednesday, and not sure how quickly I'll be set up with convenient internet access.

BTW NakuruSai, have you noticed our thread?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads