Mad at Paizo?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Calling CR off-putting etc is hurtful to you? I doubt it's hurtful to Mercer & co.

It's a statement that my personal tastes and experience are some sort of problem in the hobby, a "concern" as was phrased upthread. Classic gate-keeping behavior, it sticks in my craw. Again, I don't give a rip if anybody likes the things I like, I just don't like being told that my preferences are wrong or "disheartening."

I'm sure Mercer & Co. have no trouble ignoring that sort of garbage.

darjr

I crit!
I don’t watch the show either, I’ve just started with podcast 1. But if you tell me there is a substantial difference between DCA and critical role? I’d say you need to point it out.

S'mon

Legend
It's a statement that my personal tastes and experience are some sort of problem in the hobby, a "concern" as was phrased upthread. Classic gate-keeping behavior, it sticks in my craw. Again, I don't give a rip if anybody likes the things I like, I just don't like being told that my preferences are wrong or "disheartening."

I'm sure Mercer & Co. have no trouble ignoring that sort of garbage.

Well you're saying other people's views are 'garbage' right there. You should take their views as merely personal preference, same as your own views. They're not stopping you enjoying the show or from playing D&D.

I'm happy to defend Mercer's game & show, but I think you should see other people's dislike as no more than expressions of personal preference. They couldn't stop you watching it even if they wanted to.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well you're saying other people's views are 'garbage' right there. You should take their views as merely personal preference, same as your own views. They're not stopping you enjoying the show or from playing D&D.

I'm happy to defend Mercer's game & show, but I think you should see other people's dislike as no more than expressions of personal preference. They couldn't stop you watching it even if they wanted to.

Eh, I've taken it as an invitation use the board's ignore features. Again, it's not a problem that anyone dislikes the show, that's not a problem and I don't care.

Zardnaar

Legend
No one directed the comment at you, they just expressed an opinion. You're going out of your way to be offended.

I recommend a concrete pill to harden up. It's the interwebs.

Mercador

Adventurer

Maybe you could "enlight" me; why people are so "defending" (not sure it's the good word) about this?

Remove ads