Trailer Madame Web | Official Trailer

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sony trying to make Spider-Man movies, using Spider-Man characters, but without Spider-Man is such a weird, weird thing.

Like, this movie is so made up whole-cloth that I don't understand what it thinks that it's getting out of the License? If anything, the "not-Spider-Man, but almost" of it works AGAINST it.

Looks interesting and good. My only knowledge of the character comes from the '94 Spider-Man cartoon which used Stan Lee's wife as the VA.

Looks absolutely awesome, so excited for it.

I've heard it's much more of a thriller then most Superhero movies are, to make the most of Madam Webbs psychic powers.

The tension and the danger was visceral in the trailer in ways that I haven't seen in ages.

I'm so excited for this movie now I'm practically vibrating, even more then Blue Beetle and GotG 3.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
This looks eight times better than Kraven. Sydney Sweeney with dark hair is a bit disorienting but it looks like she is doing a good job.
Timey-whimey shenanigans always look interesting but still need good writing to uplift them, so lets hope they lean more into the clairvoyancy and ‘thriller’ aspect and not the superhero shtick

as for this one - just how many people with spider powers are we getting when none of them are Spider-man?

Timey-whimey shenanigans always look interesting but still need good writing to uplift them, so lets hope they lean more into the clairvoyancy and ‘thriller’ aspect and not the superhero shtick

as for this one - just how many people with spider powers are we getting when none of them are Spider-man?

Arrrrrgggghhhhh, it's not time whimey shenanigans, she's not time traveling, she's getting glimpses of a possible future, but ones that are avoidable.

She's a psychic, but one with super strength. This is set before she gets maimed.

I agree with you on the Thriller aspect, it makes this movie feel fresh and interesting, but in a way that allows them to have a more sensible budget.

Some folks are complaining about the SFXs, but 250 to 300 million dollars budgets for every Superhero movie, especially with less known characters, is not sustainable.

It's smart to show you can make them for a reasonable price. Plus this movie didn't get a ton of reshoots.

Instead of need 800 million to a billion dollars to make money, I suspect this movie will make money if it get 250 to 300 million.

Last edited:

Remove ads