Make your favorite kobold famous!

Bardsandsages

First Post
With the impending release of the Koboldnomicon, we thought it would be fun to spread the koboldic cheer with a new contest. So in the spirit of kobold vanity, we are going to give you the chance to immortalize your favorite kobold with your own CUSTOM PORTRAIT, courtesy artist Herman Lau!

Just share a little tale of koboldness regarding your favorite kobold PC or NPC. We want to hear about actual tales of kobolds from actual gameplay. One lucky winner, chosen by a secret conclave of kobold dragon-worshippers, will receive an 11" x 17" glossy poster featuring a custom, full color illustration of their kobold. Visit Herman's online portfolio to see samples of some of his kobolds that are featured in the book.

*Contributors to the Koboldnomicon are not eligible (sorry, gang)
*Keep stories short (under 500 words). We don't want novels. Consider it a snapshot of your kobold in action.
*While I can't think of any off the top of my head, it should be obvious that we expect your kobolds to be your original work, not something that was already in copyright material. Don't make me send a swarm of kobolds after you for using someone else's work!
*Include a little description of your kobold in your story to give Herman something to work with when creating your custom kobold. Your contact information will be given to Herman in case he needs to discuss any particulars regarding the art.
*You agree not to use the illustration in any for-profit projects.

So come on! Share your tales of kobold mayhem and win yet another ridiculously cool prize courtesy of Bards and Sages!

And don't forget, you can pre-order your PDF version of the Koboldnomicon at a special price exclusively at ENWorld!

Pre-Order Your Copy Now!

Last edited:

Bardsandsages

First Post
Whiz, the print copies on on there way. I placed a bulk order and they should arrive in the next day or so. Then contributor copies will mail out. :cool:

You can post your koboldic tales right here in this thread, and since we've declared the entire month of August National Kobold Month, we're going to run this for the entire month now!

LordAshram

First Post
Count Korson

This is a character I played in a game a few years ago, and even today he still gets the occasional guest appearance in our groups games as an NPC. Korson actually joined the party after my first character died due to a couple of bad rolls trying to avoid kobold traps. So instead of making me sit out the rest of the session until the party could get my corpse back to a priest to resurrect me, I rolled up a kobold “hostage” that was forced to help the party get out of the underground caverns. I had so much fun with the character I decided to continue playing him instead of reviving the dead one.

Korson was a troublemaker. He never actively worked against the party, since he knew his survivability depended on the safety of having four much larger and stronger party members to hide behind. But he would play them against each other for his own amusement. It was actually his knack for pushing people’s buttons that eventually helped him become a Count. While the party was investigating a series of thefts among the minor nobility, Korson snuck away from the group and wandered into a local Count’s private chambers. He took one of the Count’s cufflinks. Later, when the party reported back to the King, Korson snuck off again. This time, he wandered into the Queen’s private chamber. He planted the cufflink in her jewelry box, and took an earring.

Later, he got a private counsel with the King, and with “great regret” informed him that the last time he was by the Count’s estate, he saw the Queen’s carriage leaving from a back entrance. The King was already a suspicious man and thought the Queen was having affairs.

Of course, a search of the Queen’s chamber revealed GASP! PROOF of the affair! The Count’s cufflink was in her jewelry box! The king sent guards to the Count’s estate and GASP! The Queen’s earring! In the Count’s bed! Off with their heads!

The Queen, professing her innocence, ended up asking the party to help her escape. Since none of them were aware of what Korson had done and they believed someone was trying to frame her, they agreed. The Queen escaped and ended up living in exile. The Count was beheaded. And as a reward for his “honesty and loyalty to the crown” Korson was given the lands.

At that point, the campaign was over, so the party never had a chance to get even with me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases