Mando season 3

MarkB

Legend
What ones exactly?
Far too many to mention.
Emperor returning via cloning was done in legends but was executed better.

Hin returning via cloning also makes sense in universe.

That's what I was recerecing it's executed poorly and a lotbof other things are crap in RoS.

We all know whyvtgey brought the Emperor back lack of an effective villain.
It was executed better in Legends, but even then it was a bad idea. Let the villain be defeated, let the heroes have their happily ever after. The thing I hated most about the EU continuity was that the characters from the original trilogy never got a minute's peace after saving the galaxy.

Zardnaar

Legend
Far too many to mention.

It was executed better in Legends, but even then it was a bad idea. Let the villain be defeated, let the heroes have their happily ever after. The thing I hated most about the EU continuity was that the characters from the original trilogy never got a minute's peace after saving the galaxy.

It was kind if a bad idea in 1991.

However cloning as revealed by George Lucas opens the door on a clone emperor. Either a clinebin traditional sense or a clone body+ essence transfer.

Kind if ageee on it being a bad idea to bring back the Emperor but it makes sense at least in universe.

Old EU at least closed the plot hole of the Emperor doing it over and over (why can't Emperor return post RoS? Don't know). Also somewhat ambiguous if clone Palpatine was actually him or a copy.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Well snoke showing yp eventually would Mae some amount of sense.

They're looking for force sensitive DNA. Pershing kinda explained it and Snoke was created by strandcasting.
Exactly. And there were those things that looked like Snoke prototypes in the vats in the Imperial facility on Nevarro in season 2.

Zardnaar

Legend
Exactly. And there were those things that looked like Snoke prototypes in the vats in the Imperial facility on Nevarro in season 2.

The other clue is Mount Wayland in Bad Batch.

That's where the Emperor stored the spaart8 cloning cylinders that Thrawn busted out.

So Disney has chosen that to be the thread that overlaps everything. Makes someamountnof sense as well asvits been a thing since 1977 and old EU in 1991 (Heir to the Empire, Dark Empire) and Lucas a well in animated and live action pre Disney buyout.

Might turn out to be complete poodu idk but the basic idea is fine. I was still at high school reading about this stuff (1993).

Stalker0

Legend
What ones exactly? Emperor returning via cloning was done in legends but was executed better.

Hin returning via cloning also makes sense in universe.

That's what I was referencing it's executed poorly and a lot of other things are crap in RoS.

We all know why they brought the Emperor back lack of an effective villain.
  • Your original villain coming back with no foreshadowing, is just lazy writing.
  • The Emperor had an army of ships bigger than either the New Republic and First Order....in complete secret. Oh, and did we mention that each one of them has a death star laser on them? um....ok.
  • That to find the mcguffin required a mystical map dagger that only worked if you precisely positioned it in a very specific spot AND very specific distance.
  • That Rey's plan to find the thing Skywalker had apparently spent years searching for, was to just randomly wander out into the desert. And.....it WORKS!
So there's a quick list for you:)

Zardnaar

Legend
  • Your original villain coming back with no foreshadowing, is just lazy writing.
  • The Emperor had an army of ships bigger than either the New Republic and First Order....in complete secret. Oh, and did we mention that each one of them has a death star laser on them? um....ok.
  • That to find the mcguffin required a mystical map dagger that only worked if you precisely positioned it in a very specific spot AND very specific distance.
  • That Rey's plan to find the thing Skywalker had apparently spent years searching for, was to just randomly wander out into the desert. And.....it WORKS!
So there's a quick list for you:)

Yeah that's all fairly dumb.

True but the Emperor is possibly vack st this point in time along with Thrawn. Either one could be pulling Gideons strings.
Given Gideon's obsession with cloning (is he a clone himself?) I would think he is likely acting as a proxy for Palpatine's return, creating Snoke.

Whilst Thrawn would use clones if it served his purposes, it wouldn't be out of character for him to be opposed to a Resurrect-Palpatine faction.

Are we seriously poking holes in Star Wars plots?
Sylvia Fowles Womens History Month GIF by WNBA

Remove ads