Mando season 3

MarkB

Legend
Already been done in the old EU - I present the incredibly lame Sun Crusher
This is why I liked the old Star Trek novels more than the Star Wars ones back in the day - beyond a few writers who'd make 2-3 book long series, there was never an attempt to establish a new canon within the universe, so they didn't need to constantly one-up each other.

That, and you didn't need to keep up with multiple novel and comic book series just to know who everyone was and what they were doing. You could pick up The NEW Star Trek Novel in your bookstore or library safe in the awareness that the only prior knowledge you'd need to bring to it was of the series and/or movies.

pukunui

Legend
Would have been nice if they hadn't kept escalating the size of the doom machines. It's a moon. No, it's a bigger moon, but doesn't look quite finished. No, it's a PLANET! Next will be making stars go nova and taking out entire solar systems.
I actually kind of like what the Empire/First Order did to Ilum. I just wish that Disney hadn't been so coy about it and had built it into the story more.

Zardnaar

Legend
I actually kind of like what the Empire/First Order did to Ilum. I just wish that Disney hadn't been so coy about it and had built it into the story more.

I wasn't a fan mostly because it's back to superweapon/darksider of the week.

Good Star Wars seems mostlycharacter driven. OT three and Lando, Obi Wan, Thrawn, Ahsoka. Kanan's sacrifice hell even Clone Wars humanizing the Clones.

Holds true in Legends and Disney canon.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
So, my wife and I finally saw this episode last night and we found it kind of a headscratcher. I remember the doctor's face and that, I think, he was there to set up the stupidity in Rise of Skywalker, and that the comms officer was shady and not to be trusted (honestly, her behavior was textbook espionage stuff).

The re-integration stuff was interesting, but two (?) seasons after the first appearance, we weren't sure why we were seeing any of this stuff or what it means. If it's just laying some breadcrumbs to the idea that the Emperor still has some loyalists around, it's an especially unwelcome detour.

The episode did drive home how great it would be to see Disney telling stories with new characters in underexplored areas (i.e. not Tattooine).

The Mandalorian does some of that, but we don't need to see, say, Luke's would-be R4 unit show up on the show, and we certainly don't need more time on Tattooine. Let it go back to being a forgotten corner of the galaxy.
You can tell new stories, not about Skywalker?

pukunui

Legend
Good Star Wars seems mostlycharacter driven. OT three and Lando, Obi Wan, Thrawn, Ahsoka. Kanan's sacrifice hell even Clone Wars humanizing the Clones.
Yeah. Bad Batch S2 is really smashing it out of the park on that front!

EDIT: Just watched episode 4. Short but sweet. Loved it. They are definitely building up to something!

My daughter noticed that the clones in Grogu's flashback didn't sound Australian, and sure enough, Temuera Morrison's name was in the credits! Sweet as.

Also:
The Jedi who rescued Grogu from the temple was played by Ahmed Best! He reprises his character from the recent SW kids' game show, Jedi Temple Challenge.

Last edited:

Remove ads