Mando season 3

Thrawn has always been a sort of juxtaposition to the megalomania and mystical fervour that the Emperor embodies, being literally anti-Force in the old EU and certainly mostly seeming affronted by the Force in the new canon. Indeed him being undone by the Force in a very unexpected way at the end of Rebels seems unlikely to make him any more of a fan.

So yes I'd be absolutely unsurprised if that was the angle - that he was working against the Bring Back Palps faction. Or equally he might not be directing it, but might link up with that non-Force faction when he gets back from his unscheduled vacation to the furthest reaches of the galaxy.
Spending the last 10 years or so hanging out with Ezra Bridger might have influenced his thinking on the Force - one way or another.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Yeah. Bad Batch S2 is really smashing it out of the park on that front!
Agreed! While there are parts of The Bad Batch that are geared toward kids, some of their stories are very dark.
My daughter noticed that the clones in Grogu's flashback didn't sound Australian, and sure enough, Temuera Morrison's name was in the credits! Sweet as.
Oh I recognized Temuera's voice right away. I figure we will see him back as Boba at some point.
Also:
The Jedi who rescued Grogu from the temple was played by Ahmed Best! He reprises his character from the recent SW kids' game show, Jedi Temple Challenge.
Glad to see he has a Star Wars role to be proud of.

Spending the last 10 years or so hanging out with Ezra Bridger might have influenced his thinking on the Force - one way or another.
I have to think if they've been actually hanging out, one or both of them is dead. I tend to suspect they ended up separated. Last we saw the purrgil had its tentacles around Thrawn, the bridge of the Star Destroyer was smashed open, and it went to hyperspace. You'd kind of expect that would be fatal for everyone but the purrgil.

But this is Star Wars so it may well be that some kind of soft forcefield prevents the air leaving the bridge of the Star Destroyer (we know getting spaced is potentially fatal in SW, but Force powers might let you survive it), or the purrgil might release Thrawn and he might have some sort of emergency survival device.

So my guess would be (operating largely on Doylist logic) that both Ezra and Thrawn survived, and the Star Destroyer(s) crashed on some unknown planet maybe even outside the galaxy or on the furthest, most unmapped rim. If so Thrawn would probably be trying to get back into space and trying to find a way back ASAP (which might not be easy with unmapped hyperspace lanes), and Ezra likely fighting some sort of one-Jedi guerrilla war to stop him, in which case Thrawn will extra-hate him. Or something more profoundly weird happened to Ezra, like he ended up in that space-between-spaces place from Rebels.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
But this is Star Wars so it may well be that some kind of soft forcefield prevents the air leaving the bridge of the Star Destroyer (we know getting spaced is potentially fatal in SW, but Force powers might let you survive it), or the purrgil might release Thrawn and he might have some sort of emergency survival device.
Everyone riding space horses around on the exterior of a Star Destroyer in Rise of Skywalker (ha ha, made you all remember that movie!) suggests that weak forcefields to hold onto an atmospheric envelope are definitely a thing.

MarkB

Legend
Everyone riding space horses around on the exterior of a Star Destroyer in Rise of Skywalker (ha ha, made you all remember that movie!) suggests that weak forcefields to hold onto an atmospheric envelope are definitely a thing.
That was in atmosphere, though - they were only a few hundred metres off the ground. The whole point of that silly escapade was to stop them from getting off the planet, because apparently Star Destroyers can't do "up" without a fancy nav beacon.

Remove ads