Mando season 3

Argyle King

Legend
E4 was an okay episode.

I'm nitpicking, but it is becoming bothersome that a militant cult appears to be so awful at basic tactical problems.

Yeah... I know... it's Star Wars; it's space fantasy; it's...

Yeah, but still. For me, it's mentally getting to the point where it seems implausible that this group is able to survive the planet they're currently on.

The show spent 2 seasons building up the mystique of the Mandalorians, only to erase it in a handful of scenes.

MarkB

Legend
E4 was an okay episode.

I'm nitpicking, but it is becoming bothersome that a militant cult appears to be so awful at basic tactical problems.

Yeah, but still. For me, it's mentally getting to the point where it seems implausible that this group is able to survive the planet they're currently on.

The show spent 2 seasons building up the mystique of the Mandalorians, only to erase it in a handful of scenes.
It's possible that they're deliberately testing themselves by exposing themselves to predator attacks, but yeah, it's weird.

And supposedly those flying critters had already killed several people. Why aren't they setting even the most basic watch for them, and why haven't they learned from experience to use different tactics?

Bolares

Hero
I don't know... I just tought it was a fun little star wars adventure episode. Sure it made little sense, but Star Wars rarelly maker sense. I'm interested in Bo-Katan's arch. I think she will become enamorated with the cult, but in the end go back to her early goals with a healthy (or at least healthier than the cult's) relationship with her religion.

Stalker0

Legend
I don't know... I just tought it was a fun little star wars adventure episode. Sure it made little sense, but Star Wars rarelly maker sense. I'm interested in Bo-Katan's arch. I think she will become enamorated with the cult, but in the end go back to her early goals with a healthy (or at least healthier than the cult's) relationship with her religion.
I think cults will do as they do. Bo Katan will get drawn in by the community, the sense of belonging, the zealous faith, etc.

And then....something will happen to wake her up a moment of "oh yeah this is why this cult sucks". Then she will go her own way. that's my theory.

Reef

Hero
I don’t know. I’ll admit I don’t hold Star Wars to the same exacting expectations of logic like I would a more serious property, but this episode went way beyond that.

“Don’t shoot it! It will kill the kid! Use jet packs!”
Okay, fine that makes enough sense, and is a good enough reason to have a chase.

“oh no! We ran out of fuel! Like we always do.”
Wait, what? The jet pack plan always ends this way, and you keep trying it? Oh look, at least Bo-Katan is thinking…

“I didn’t want to scare it, it might kill the kid. So I came back for a squad…”
Okay, it’s a bit of a stretch, but I guess the kid can survive long enough for you to fly back…

“…and we’re going to have to camp out, and then slowly climb up the next day.”
Okay, is this thing just having tea with the kid? Why would it possibly keep him alive in the nest for 18 hours? Oh, hungry babies? Well guess the kid is definitely dead.

No wait! Not only did the beast keep him alive for 18 hours (with hungry babies waiting, no less), it did so by flying around and keeping him inside itself!

I’m sorry, that’s just all a level of incompetent writing that destroys any willing suspension of disbelief I had. And it could have been so simple. The kid was alive because the babies hadn’t hatched yet…the mother was being proactive. That would have still given us the nest scene, and the fight at the end. And you still could have had the babies hatch during mid-rescue. It doesn’t explain the whole “we ran out of gas…again” thing though.

Anyway, I normally cut Star Wars a lot more slack, but the stupid just kept piling up to the point where we all just couldn’t take the rest of the episode seriously.

Ryujin

Legend
E4 was an okay episode.

I tend to think of cult Mandalorians as sort of Space Barbarians; individually tough, but not great at working together. I can't remember where I read it but the expression was something like, "A warrior is meat on the table for a soldier." Might have been one of the Childe Cycle books.

I don’t know. I’ll admit I don’t hold Star Wars to the same exacting expectations of logic like I would a more serious property, but this episode went way beyond that.

“Don’t shoot it! It will kill the kid! Use jet packs!”
Okay, fine that makes enough sense, and is a good enough reason to have a chase.

“oh no! We ran out of fuel! Like we always do.”
Wait, what? The jet pack plan always ends this way, and you keep trying it? Oh look, at least Bo-Katan is thinking…

“I didn’t want to scare it, it might kill the kid. So I came back for a squad…”
Okay, it’s a bit of a stretch, but I guess the kid can survive long enough for you to fly back…

“…and we’re going to have to camp out, and then slowly climb up the next day.”
Okay, is this thing just having tea with the kid? Why would it possibly keep him alive in the nest for 18 hours? Oh, hungry babies? Well guess the kid is definitely dead.

No wait! Not only did the beast keep him alive for 18 hours (with hungry babies waiting, no less), it did so by flying around and keeping him inside itself!

I’m sorry, that’s just all a level of incompetent writing that destroys any willing suspension of disbelief I had. And it could have been so simple. The kid was alive because the babies hadn’t hatched yet…the mother was being proactive. That would have still given us the nest scene, and the fight at the end. And you still could have had the babies hatch during mid-rescue. It doesn’t explain the whole “we ran out of gas…again” thing though.

Anyway, I normally cut Star Wars a lot more slack, but the stupid just kept piling up to the point where we all just couldn’t take the rest of the episode seriously.
I agree with you. The grogu fighting is also almost painful to watch is it’s basically a puppet. I think at some point grogu has to get bigger and it could get really silly if he wears a Mando helmet

Reef

Hero
I agree with you. The grogu fighting is also almost painful to watch is it’s basically a puppet. I think at some point grogu has to get bigger and it could get really silly if he wears a Mando helmet
Yeah, the Grogu training thing was also borderline ridiculous. Sure, they probably learn from an early age, but he’s still basically a toddler, it seems.

Bolares

Hero
Yeah, the Grogu training thing was also borderline ridiculous. Sure, they probably learn from an early age, but he’s still basically a toddler, it seems.
They seem to have written themselves into a corner here. At the same time they chose a very slow developing race for a main character, while trying to Grogu evolve and develop as a charater. That's why I think they are trying to develop his jedi/mandalorian abilities while still being a toddler.

Remove ads