Mando season 3

I had fun during the episode, but i leaves a bit of an empty feeling.

It doesn't really feel like anything important happened. Even the Grogu flashback didn't really reveal something significant, except maybe the face of a Jedi that helped Grogu escape.
And the hunting and feeding techniques of this giant bird seems to make not much sense, nor the tactics of the Mandalorian cultists. I guess we have to believe they are incompetent, but I kinda feel that even incompetent people would start holding watch, they'd just be bad at it. Or maybe they are so isolated that they never heard of the concept?

Reef

Hero
I am enjoying it too and am tired of all the nitpicking of a science-fantasy space opera. Save that for movies, like The Martian, that try to be science accurate. This show is much more the fun that is Star Wars, rather than the slow burn that was Andor.
That’s not quite fair. The show doesn’t need to be The Martian to be fun. I’ll admit I loved Andor, but I had loads of fun with seasons 1 and 2 of this show. But those seasons at least made a token effort at helping us suspend our disbelieve. This season, it just feels like the writer’s can’t be bothered to even try.

My family and I just finished the latest episode of the Bad Batch, and that show has way more depth, character, and story integrity than this one currently does. And it’s an animated show.

Star Wars can be fun without being insultingly poorly written. The Bad Batch does it. Rebels did it. Mando Season 1 and 2 did it. The fact this season seems so bad at it is perplexing.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I think they're in a big rush to get us to Mandalore but are not taking sufficient care with all of the intermediary stories.

If this season is heading, as it appears to be, to this covert going to Mandalore under the leadership of Bo and Djin, it's worth them slowing down a bit and showing why the rest of the covert would be worth taking along.

MarkB

Legend
I had fun during the episode, but i leaves a bit of an empty feeling.

It doesn't really feel like anything important happened. Even the Grogu flashback didn't really reveal something significant, except maybe the face of a Jedi that helped Grogu escape.
And the fact that someone from Naboo - someone senior given the royal guards and executive spaceship - was helping him. Who was in a position to do that? Certainly not Padme, the attack on the temple took her by surprise as much as anyone, and she didn't really know what had happened until Anakin told her afterwards.

Wait - the Jedi is played by Ahmed Best, who also played - are we going to get a hero moment for Senator Binks???!?

Zardnaar

Legend
That’s not quite fair. The show doesn’t need to be The Martian to be fun. I’ll admit I loved Andor, but I had loads of fun with seasons 1 and 2 of this show. But those seasons at least made a token effort at helping us suspend our disbelieve. This season, it just feels like the writer’s can’t be bothered to even try.

My family and I just finished the latest episode of the Bad Batch, and that show has way more depth, character, and story integrity than this one currently does. And it’s an animated show.

Star Wars can be fun without being insultingly poorly written. The Bad Batch does it. Rebels did it. Mando Season 1 and 2 did it. The fact this season seems so bad at it is perplexing.

For whatever reasons people seem to look down on animated Star Wars. Season 1 bad Batch was nothing special.

Season 2. Rebels and Clone Wars have some of the best Star Wars stories ever.

Maybe Filoni is better than Favreau idk.

Last edited:

Reef

Hero
For whatever reasons people seem to look down on animated Star Wars. Season 1 bad Veatch was nothing special.

Season 2. Rebels and Clone Wars have somebof the best Star Wars stories ever.

Maybe Filoni is better than Favreau idk.
Yeah, I’ll agree that Bad Batch season 1 wasn’t top tier. But that’s my point. It was put together well enough that I could still sit back and enjoy it without wincing. This season of Mando currently isn’t.

Maybe the difference does just come down to Filoni vs Favreau. Was Filoni still more involved in the past seasons of Mando? That might explain it.

Remove ads