Mando season 3

Or even if it's not deliberately planted, Gideon and his faction had access to Beskar in quantities sufficient that they were paying for the Grogu contract with it. It would be surprising if they haven't deployed it for more practical use, such as for their special forces.
This seems more likely to me than a deliberate frame job. I theorised earlier that Gideon has his main base on Mandalore, faking stories about the planet being uninhabitable. Why Mandalore? What makes Mandalore unique? Beskar. The Beskar is probably being used to create an army of beskar-armoured darktroopers.

Spoiler blocking because this is a Mando thread and maybe not everyone immediately watches Bad Batch before/after Mando.
It's Star Wars, it had to include an "I. AM. YOUR. SISTER." line somewhere!
It's kind of ironic that the animated show is darker than the live action one.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
So there's at least one other female clone like Omega, and this one is an adult! Makes speculation re: Elia Kane go in both directions - slightly more likely because we have confirmation that others exist, but also less likely because it would mean Bad Batch and Mando were using the same plotline, which seems unlikely to be Filoni-approved. RIP Tech, you were the best clone, sucks, should have been Hunter, he's the most pointless (we didn't see a body but smashed goggles are like an 80% confirm).
That explains why Keisha Castle-Hughes is voicing that character!

I suspect she wants her followers back.
Meh. I don't think she necessarily cares about getting those specific followers back, although I expect she'll reach out to them anyway. She's got a higher purpose, and she'll accept any Mandalorians who want to help retake/rebuild Mandalore.

Bo Katan is lost . . . she doesn't really want to join the Deathwatch cult, doesn't want to lead it . . . but she's lost her followers and then her home. She's got no one and no where to go, except to follow Din. She's playing along with "The Way" because she doesn't know what else to do.

In this week's episode, the Armorer gives Bo a purpose . . . to unite the disparate clans of Mandalore and retake their home. That's something Bo can get behind and is in keeping with her character from the Clone Wars show.
Exactly. It looks like Bo-Katan is counting on the third time being the charm.

This seems more likely to me than a deliberate frame job. I theorised earlier that Gideon has his main base on Mandalore, faking stories about the planet being uninhabitable. Why Mandalore? What makes Mandalore unique? Beskar. The Beskar is probably being used to create an army of beskar-armoured darktroopers.
Yes. They keep talking about retaking Mandalore rather than rebuilding it. Why would they need to retake it unless it is still under Imperial control? And I still maintain that if Gideon is still in control of Mandalore and has a base there, that we will find some Mandalorians willingly serving him (and they will most likely be Clan Saxon / Imperial Supercommandos).

It's Star Wars, it had to include an "I. AM. YOUR. SISTER." line somewhere!
I still don't understand why Omega looks nothing like the other clones. I wish they'd explain that. Keisha's character at least looks like a female Fett.

Last edited:

Argyle King

Legend
I suspect she wants her followers back...

Probably, but I vaguely recall that they went their separate ways a while back. It wouldn't be put of character for them to accept mercenary work.

Also, Sasha Banks Mercedes Varnado no longer has WWE commitments, so she's likely available to reprise her role.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
The big thing in this one is the Armorer let Bo Katan take off her helmet. That is huuuuuuge. The Armorer is effectively admitting their way is not "the only way" or at least is not always the optimal path. Now its not her admitting that their cult ways aren't the best, but she is admitting that Bo Katan can do her job better is she has more freedom to walk her path.

It does make you wonder if that is going to cause any schism in the cult, as that is a huge lump of ego to have to swallow. But it does suggest that the Armorer sees the greater goal of "a united mandalore" as more important than the strict tenants of her beliefs, and that's a big character moment.
It's also a recognition that Bo Katan has experienced something that has a mystical element to it for a tradition-oriented Mandalorian. If Bo Katan hadn't seen a real mythosaur, I doubt the Armorer would have been allowing her such a dispensation as not wearing the helmet. Bo Katan is touched by one of their foundational myths. I mean the only thing of a similar magnitude would be if a Roman consul had actually given scritchies to the wolf that suckled Romulus and Remus.

Ryujin

Legend
It's also a recognition that Bo Katan has experienced something that has a mystical element to it for a tradition-oriented Mandalorian. If Bo Katan hadn't seen a real mythosaur, I doubt the Armorer would have been allowing her such a dispensation as not wearing the helmet. Bo Katan is touched by one of their foundational myths. I mean the only thing of a similar magnitude would be if a Roman consul had actually given scritchies to the wolf that suckled Romulus and Remus.
Well in this case said Consul has evidence that he went to the cave and said that he petted the wolves, but has no evidence of the latter. There's a bit of either blind faith, or acceptance for her own ends, going on here.

Remove ads