Mando season 3

Read every word. It boiled down to you felt "root" was a more natural use of language than "rout" in this context, and so the intention of the writer was off in this case (potentially due to an American obscurity unknown to the writer).

I have not really followed this argument, but in the US, root and not rout, is the way the expression is used and spelled. In my 50+ years, I have never heard or read it said/spelled as rout, including in college. So maybe just chalk this up to yet another variation between British and American English.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Just watched tonight's episode. I'm glad getting their asses handed to them by the giant space turtle made the cult start actually training, but I'm thinking the Mandalorians have been coasting on their rep for decades.

"Well, when the dragon snatches someone, we just let them go, because otherwise they'd die."

WHAT?

I sure hope we're not counting on these folks to conquer a planet at some point. An angry Jawa with a pointy stick could take these folks out.

I loved seeing Ahmed Best get a chance to be a 100% heroic character with a Jedi+ thing of having two lightsabers of different colors.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
As a totally 100% pointless aside, I will note the baleful influence of Top Gear (specifically) has created a situation where a bunch of American journalists of a certain age (about 30-50) who write about cars use Anglicisms of varying extreme-ness routinely, so it's not a one-way street.
Given that we fought a literal war (two, really) to be free of England, it is super-embarrassing how much many Americans absolutely slobber over anything English.

pukunui

Legend
"Well, when the dragon snatches someone, we just let them go, because otherwise they'd die."

WHAT?

I sure hope we're not counting on these folks to conquer a planet at some point. An angry Jawa with a pointy stick could take these folks out.
I figured it was some kind of culty “survival of the fittest” thing. The difference in this episode was the foundling was Paz Vizsla’s son.

I loved seeing Ahmed Best get a chance to be a 100% heroic character with a Jedi+ thing of having two lightsabers of different colors.
👍

Best artwork ever

Desktop-screenshot.png

Zardnaar

Legend
Just watched tonight's episode. I'm glad getting their asses handed to them by the giant space turtle made the cult start actually training, but I'm thinking the Mandalorians have been coasting on their rep for decades.

WHAT?

And his character is still alive until told otherwise (he's probably dead).

Hopefully see more of it he deserves it after the Jar Jar BS ( crap character not his fault/hi George).

Hussar

Legend
I just assume Paz Vizsla’s son was a foundling the same as Grogu. Grogu is Jin’s son. The kid is Paz’s son. I thought all the children are foundlings. Wasn’t that a point made in an earlier season that everyone is a foundling?

Remove ads