Mando season 3

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I also don't think the whole "everyone wears helmets all the time" deal is really the smart move that I suspect Favreau thinks it is, either - especially when they're wearing armour, and he's not writing/shooting the shows in such a way as to show off their body language particularly well (i.e. not any better than you would in a show when you could see their face). All it does is rob the show of humanity and energy, and the sooner it's over, the better. If we have to deal with all the characters having their helmets on AND they're the focus of the entire season, that's really going to be a massive drag on already-weak writing and plotting.
It's notable to me that only Katee Sackhoff still manages to carry herself in a distinct way in the armor. She's got a lot of experience of doing genre work and already carries herself like an athlete in real life. But almost everyone else is an anonymous schlub in the armor, which isn't great.

Reef

Hero
It's notable to me that only Katee Sackhoff still manages to carry herself in a distinct way in the armor. She's got a lot of experience of doing genre work and already carries herself like an athlete in real life. But almost everyone else is an anonymous schlub in the armor, which isn't great.
True, and this is probably why it's more noticeable this season. In previous ones, Din was the only one in a helmet, and he could still manage while interacting with Greef, Cara, the widow in the village, etc. With this episode, everyone is wearing a helmet. Katee Sackhoff manages to project a character when in armour, to her great credit, but it was still better when she could use her face.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
The whole "eating apart" thing flies in the face of basic humanity, camaraderie and like every military organisation in human history, and is profoundly demented (Bo Katan did seem to be displeased with it at least, rather than being all "This Is The Way").
LOL Yeah. I thought to myself, "If you want to defeat the Mandalorians, just wait until lunch time and then attack."
The most disorganised and needlessly dangerous climb in history - like, you pick a route, and you all follow it, learning from your fellow climbers - you don't all separately climb the mountain together. So needlessly weird. With a better writer I'd say it was intentionally emblematic of how disorganised and individualist the cult-Mandalorians seem to be. Here I think Favreau just has never climbed anything in his damn life (amazing, given even I have), and never bothered to think about how it work work. So the kid is fine after god-knows-how-long in some internal pouch (we have to assume not a stomach) of this pterosaur? Weird. And now Bo Katan wants to join the cult? At least she got dumb-as-a-box-rocks mystical bollocks answers out of Hammer Lady. Again, with a better writer, I'd assume that left her disappointed, but we can't assume that with Favreau.
I got the impression that since they can fly, climbing isn't their thing. They seemed to struggle, which makes sense with their armor. My big issue with that scene was that a day later, after losing the big dragon thing in the air, it shows up to spit out the kid in order to feed its young just as they show up.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I got the impression that since they can fly, climbing isn't their thing. They seemed to struggle, which makes sense with their armor. My big issue with that scene was that a day later, after losing the big dragon thing in the air, it shows up to spit out the kid in order to feed its young just as they show up.
Wrist-mounted steel cables are also terrible ways to climb.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases