• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mapping the Nentir Vale

bh2

First Post
I have no map to contribute, but I just wanted to say I really like your isometric town drawings! It makes imagining the town much easier than the standard top-down town map.

crazyred

First Post
Aren't you guys sweet! :)

Yeah, I've always liked illustrated adventures, like .... was it Tomb of Horrors that had the "step-by-step" drawings? H2 also has a great "visual aid" index.

crazyred

First Post
Thanks for the props, brothers!

CAD maps? I like to see those, link please?

Re: Winterhaven -- do you mean underpopulated in that the streets are barren? Or do you think it needs to be a bigger town? Myself, I think Winterhaven was pretty poorly conceived (thus the wood wall and my putting Padraig off on a hill). I have another Winterhaven in the works which'll be color and with little NPC's scattered around.

I like the Cartographer's Guild Nytmare! Thanks for the link, can't wait to explore more!

crazyred

First Post
Thanks for the note! Y'know, I think you're right on both points. It does seem a little small, doesn't it? And I agree, the manor would be easier to defend as part of the whole town. Plus, reworking it a bit to include Padraig will give me a chance to draw it up. Maybe I'll do that while I'm watching last night's Lost...=)

Remove ads