• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marked by Destiny, Marked by Tragedy (Erekose13 Judging)

Paranoia833

First Post
ooc: And there I was already typing up his death post. Ah well...

IC:

The warforged thinks for a second, considering Brelach's words, before giving him a short nod and allowing the man to head over and see to his master's wounds. He follows closely, looking over Brelach's shoulder the whole time

Evidently it was a very good shirt, that or Brelach remembered more of basic first aid than he thought, as the bindings hold as Brelach manages to remove the arrow and dress the wound without complication. The bleeding has stopped and the gnome (Robillan?) is still breathing. He'll need the attentions of a proper healer if he wants to live out the night but you're reasonably certain he's not in any immediate danger.

Satisfied that all is well, the warforged gives Brelach a 'hearty' slap on the back that almost lifts him off the floor. He begins to speak in a deep booming voice, not fast but monotone never pausing between sentences,

"Master Robillan is safe! Well done human, I was wrong to suspect that you might have been agents of the soulless minions of orthodoxy that have tormented master Robillan since his youth! I shall now introduce myself as is proper and polite among civilised beings! My name is Friend a name I have chosen for its pleasant social connotations so as to offset the general population's natural unease of synthetic sentient infantry AKA warforged! My function is to kill people and protect master Robillan! Is it not pleasant weather we have been having! Now that I have engaged in inconsequential small talk you will be at your ease and we may chat informally as I take master Robillan's body to safety!"

With that, he hoists the gnome carefully over his shoulders. As this happens the box that the gnome was carrying slips from his fingers. It is a small, black thing with a Khyber dragonshard set into the top and two Syberis dragonshards worked into the silvery clasps. Whatever it's made of it looks very valuable. That said, Friend doesn't seem particularly bothered about the thing...

"Can one of you retrieve that? My hands are currently engaged in the process of ensuring master Robillan does not meet a painful and undesirable fate. I would caution that you be careful though, while master Robillan destroyed the contents rather than hand them over to his assailants there is a chance that there may be residual material within that will be harmful to your general health! I will now deposit master Robilan at the nearest Jorasco hospital, located somewhere between 550 and 600 meters east by northeast of this point! If you wish you may follow or report later to return the box to master Robillan who will be no doubt grateful for your assistance and no doubt of a mind to recompense you financially!"

With that the warforged strides off, seemingly indifferent to whether or not you are following him. The sole living kobold begins to groan, he is not yet able to stand or take any significant action but the immediate effects of the colour spray are beginning to wear off. The halfling is out cold.

Wik

First Post
Completely bemused, his jaw hanging loose, Brelach watches as the warforged strides off. "Tin Man" he says softly to Weapon. "Are all you bucketheads so flipping crazy?"

Looking down at the tear in his black, tight-fitting jacket, he mutters "That damned gnome owes me money."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Alysina took care of the kobold already, or someone else did before she got the chance. In post 57, she prefaced the comment with "Once the halfling and kobold have been taken care of..." If up to Alysina, she will nonlethal CdG the kobold. While she is dealing with them, she will loot the halfling and check the kobold for worthwhile loot, with the intention of splitting it evenly when they have time)

"Well, that could have gone much worse. Alright then. Let's gather up the living for questioning, the halfling at least. Slit the kobold's throat if you don't want to question it--though Arvin, I am sure, will speak Draconic."

"If the recent experience of Weapon and myself is any indication of the future, this gnome may refuse us a reward for helping him and want to hire us to perform a dangerous task for a laughable and ridiculously low sum. It may behoove us to have his item in an undisclosed location in case that happens. If we don't want to take care of that, then I guess we just follow with the halfling in tow."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Silvanon Rogue 1, Hp: 7/7

Silvanon watches the circus unfold before him, not knowing what to think of this odd warforged.

"Someone must have had a sense of humor to make that thing. I think it is a good idea to follow him, because this gnome has to have information that we need. Deal with the last kobold, I'm going to bind the halfling woman -- Weapon," he says to the friendly warforged,"Can you carry this lass for us? I think she will have useful information as well."

"Also, we may want to do a quick search of the other kobolds for any items that could interest us."

With that, Silvanon walks over to the unconcious halfling woman, grabs the silk rope out of his pack and binds her hands behind her.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon shrugs, and puts away his axe, and picks up the halfling woman with little effort. "Our construction is for war, not for conversation. You may thank our manufacturers for our general lack of social bent."

Once the halfing is in place, he looks to the box. "Is someone going to retrieve it. It would only suite entropy if we needed it later and possessed it not."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The retrieval is assured. The question is whether we want to hide it somewhere safe rather than bring it along," Alysina offers, unsure herself as to which of the two was best.

Wik

First Post
"Well, let's take a look at this thing..."

Brelach hesitantly picks up the box, and uses his latent Detect Magic ability to see if there's anything interesting about the box (or the kobolds, or on the halfling...)

He also uses spellcraft to analyze the box, but comes up blank. "I have no clue about this thing. Maybe this halfling wanted it? How much you think we can sell it for?"

Spellcraft on the Crazy Little Box (1d20+5=8)

Bogre

First Post
Bennit watches the warforged speak with Brelach and the others, hanging back so that it wouldn't notice, or remember, that it was his arrow that the little gnome found, albeit because it moved into the way. He strolls directly for the halfling as Friend leaves, making sure she's still out. (OOC: If the halfling is completely, out, he'll tie her up, if she's any kind of nearing awake he'll subdual CDG her with his sap, then tie her up.)

Once that's finished, he searches her and the others along with Alysina.

"Eh, Arvin, is it? You wanna interrogate these things when they come roun'?" he says towards Arvin, patting his leather sap against the side of his leg slowly.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Bogre said:
"Eh, Arvin, is it? You wanna interrogate these things when they come roun'?" he says towards Arvin, patting his leather sap against the side of his leg slowly.

OOC: Bront is out due to a death in the family so he'll have to NPC'd for the short term.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads