Marvel Multiverse RPG Alternate Covers

Marvel has revealed some alternate covers for its upcoming Marvel Multiverse RPG (written by Matt Forbeck). The new covers are by Peach Momoko and Logan Lubera, and the standard cover is by Iban Coello. The game uses a new "D616" system and will be released next year with a playtest book. "“… the all-new D616 System, an accessible and easy-to-learn system for newcomers to tabletop RPGs and a...

Marvel has revealed some alternate covers for its upcoming Marvel Multiverse RPG (written by Matt Forbeck). The new covers are by Peach Momoko and Logan Lubera, and the standard cover is by Iban Coello.

The game uses a new "D616" system and will be released next year with a playtest book. "“… the all-new D616 System, an accessible and easy-to-learn system for newcomers to tabletop RPGs and a natural evolution for those familiar with the most popular tabletop role-playing games on the market. Use Might, Agility, Resilience, Vigilance, Ego, and Logic to win the day, and discover your true abilities as you face impossible odds!”

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Scarlet.Knight

Explorer
For those of you interested in this product, the following link provides some more information: Wolverine Lives and Dies, Miles Morales Goes Cosmic and More in Marvel's February 2022 Releases (scroll down almost at the end).

Here is what this "article" says:

MARVEL MULTIVERSE ROLE-PLAYING GAME​

• Play as an existing Marvel Super Hero, or create your own hero (or villain!) and build your own Marvel Multiverse saga with your friends.
  • Characters will be built using stats such as Might, Agility, Resilience, Vigilance, Ego and Logic.
  • Players: 2-6 (or more!)
  • Three standard six-sided dice (3d6) needed for play.
  • Gameplay will be governed by the all-new, all-different D616 system developed exclusively by Marvel! Hint: Rolling 6-1-6 will yield FANTASTIC results!
  • The Playtest Rulebook is being released in March 2022 and contains an exciting adventure as well as everything you need to know in order to build a character.
  • Once you've begun your campaign, there will be instructions to drop Marvel a line – Your feedback may be factored into the core rulebook and subsequent releases!

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
I have a feeling Gambit characters would be really, really good at this game.

Also, forget d616. Where's the d666 game? Has this been overlooked?

Post script, am I seeing a familial resemblance between Hulk and the Cap'n? I wonder if the book's fluff explores this possibility.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I wonder if Logan Lubera is a fan of Frank Robbins and his work on The Invaders. Captain Marvel in that cover has a Robbins vibe.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
For those of you interested in this product, the following link provides some more information: Wolverine Lives and Dies, Miles Morales Goes Cosmic and More in Marvel's February 2022 Releases (scroll down almost at the end).

Here is what this "article" says:

MARVEL MULTIVERSE ROLE-PLAYING GAME​

• Play as an existing Marvel Super Hero, or create your own hero (or villain!) and build your own Marvel Multiverse saga with your friends.
  • Characters will be built using stats such as Might, Agility, Resilience, Vigilance, Ego and Logic.
  • Players: 2-6 (or more!)
  • Three standard six-sided dice (3d6) needed for play.
  • Gameplay will be governed by the all-new, all-different D616 system developed exclusively by Marvel! Hint: Rolling 6-1-6 will yield FANTASTIC results!
  • The Playtest Rulebook is being released in March 2022 and contains an exciting adventure as well as everything you need to know in order to build a character.
  • Once you've begun your campaign, there will be instructions to drop Marvel a line – Your feedback may be factored into the core rulebook and subsequent releases!
We’ve known all that since the original announcement. :)

... Okay, there is a thing people often do when asked to provide several of something. Offer one good one, the one they want to see used, and the others made to be "not right" for the project. See that above? Somebody did that.

I'm not saying they're bad art, I'm saying the other two are unbrandable for a cover piece.

My opinion, mind you. Feel free to have your own.

Remove ads

Remove ads