• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 1 (New York City)

Gomez

First Post
yangnome said:
""Ah, I see. I don't suppose you could point us in the direction of the Ju-Ju house now, could you?"

"Like I said, it is located in Harlem. It's address is 1 Ransom Court, New York City."

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Gomez said:
"No exporting at all." Mr. Emerson says with a chuckle. "I believe the Ju-Ju House sells african tribal art and bric-a-brac. Mr. N'kwane buys his store stock from Ahja Singh. I am basically the middle man between them."

"I see. And how long have you known or worked with Mr. Singh?"

Gomez

First Post
Ashy said:
"I see. And how long have you known or worked with Mr. Singh?"

"I have never met the man. Though I have done business with him for several years. Let me see. 4 or 5 years maybe."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Gomez said:
"He wired me for funds from Hong Kong a few weeks after that. I didn't hear from him until the middle of last month, Dec. 16 1924. He wired me from London. His telegram was very excited and a bit crazy sounding. He said he had been in China, to Africa of coarse, and to London for a few days, where he had dung up a lot of stuff. Elias said that he'd seen unbelieveable things, and mentioned a plan or conspiracy of monsterous, world wide proportions. He said that there was a timetable, and that he needed to find the missing pieces. The wired ended, saying that he would soon be in New York.
A few days ago, Elias showed up here and left some more notes with me. I looked them over and they were so strange that I think he was on the verge of a mental breakdown."
"What kind of notes? I know a thing or two about the kinds of strange things Jackson studied and I may be able to make heads or tails of them. May I see them?" Miriam asks, disturbed at the collection of notes she just read. If they're still alive, what could this mean? Could they have sacrificed the servants to ask this cult for some kind of vile magical favor? Horrible thought... you're going to have bad dreams again tonight Miriam, you know you are.

Vendetta

First Post
Clambering through the doorway and into Prospero House, Jack Chance comes to a halt as eyes turn toward him. Realizing the abruptness of his entrance, he nods and adjusts his hat. He is suddenly overcome by how shabby he appears and worries for a moment that none will take him for anything more than a drunkard, which, he had to admit, was true.

Jack clears his throat. “Good Morning.” He says more deeply than his usual voice and gives a short wave as he tries to wipe away wrinkles in his coat and shirt. People slowly go back to what they were doing before he entered as a much more dapper man steps in through the door.

The receptionist continues to glare at Jack. “Can I help you?” She says. She’s dealt with drunks stumbling in through the door before, apparently.

Jack steps forward, trying to casually check his breath to see how strongly the booze smells. “Jackson Elias.” He announces, “I’m here about Mr. Elias’ funeral arrangements.” Though a bit bleary, his eyes are trained and he quickly takes in the glances and mannerisms of everyone at the name. Who was he going to try to pump for more information? Who might know more about Jackson Elais’ untimely end than the rest?

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"What kind of notes? I know a thing or two about the kinds of strange things Jackson studied and I may be able to make heads or tails of them. May I see them?" Miriam asks, disturbed at the collection of notes she just read. If they're still alive, what could this mean? Could they have sacrificed the servants to ask this cult for some kind of vile magical favor? Horrible thought... you're going to have bad dreams again tonight Miriam, you know you are.

Jonah frowns at Miriam’s request. "I just want to say that Jackson was a fine man and a good friend. I hope what your about to read will not go any further than this office. I don't want his image tarnished in anyway." With that he pulls out a single sheet of paper and hands it to you. "There are several others but they are totally inlegable. It took me several tries to figure out what this said."

c22.jpg

He reads the letter out loud to you.

"many names, many forms,
but all the same and toward one end--
Need Help--
Too big, too ghastly.
These dreams--dreams like Carlyle's?--
Check that psychoanalyst's files--
all of them survived!
They'll open the gate. Why? --
so the power and danger is
real. They--
many threads beginning--
The books are in Carlyle's safe--
Coming for me. Will the ocean
protect?--
Ho ho no quitters now. Must tell
and make readers Believe. Should
I scream for them? Let's
scream together---"

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
Proserpo House

The secretary stares up at Jack for a few seconds. The look is that of confusion and of what?......disgust? "One minute sir...: she finally stammers out. She then gets up and not quite rushes over to an office door behind her. She then opens it and steps in.

........................................................................................................

Miss Woolgate opens the door to Mr. Kensington's office just as he finishes reading the last letter. Her entrance breaks the silence that gripped the room after his reading. "Mr. Kensington, there is a man out here asking about Mr. Elias' funeral. What should I do? He looks like a bum and smells of liquor."

Gomez

First Post
Prospero House

Jonah Kensington stands. "Please excuse me, I will be right back." Stepping out of his office to the reception area. He leaves is door open so those inside can hear and see what’s going on. Jonah walks up to Jack. "Hello, I am Jonah Kensington. Do you need something?"

Ulysses limps in behind Jack but the office seems to not notice, as they are all watching Jack and Jonah.

yangnome

First Post
"We appreciate your help sir. I guess we can get whatever other information we need from Mr. N'kwane." Father O'Malley looks at the others, then turns to leave. He pauses for a moment, then looks back,

"Oh, one more thing. If we wanted to get in touch with Mr Singh sometime in the future if Mr N'kwane isn't able to help us, would you be able ot put us in contact with him?"

Remove ads