• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 1 (New York City)

Maerdwyn

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"... And if we do get to Egypt, we should have an idea of where to go aside from the Bent Pyramid."
"Mr. Elias had dealings with someone on the Street of Jackals, right? Not a very nice place, but it is a lead within the city."

Vendetta

First Post
Jack pretends to not really notice anything going on around him and strolls to a shelf of items near the door, still humming, but etching the face and garb of the man in his mind. He pokes at one of the items for a moment longer then with a brief, Nonchalant wave back at N'Kwane, trying to look as much like an uninterested shopper as possible, Jack steps out of the shop.

Once outside, he scans the street for the mysterious sleeper and will attempt to follow him at a distance to see where he's going... he can come back later for a closer look around, assuming he sees something he thinks significant.

((OOC: Hide +5, Intimidate +8, Listen +4, Move Silently +6, Search +8, Spot +4, Knowledge: Streetwise +6, and the Sharp Eyed Feat. Not sure what all will be important, so put it all :D))

Maerdwyn

First Post
Ashy said:
"What city?", Charles queries...
"Al-Qahera..er...Cairo - that is what the business card said, and I know of no other street by that name. The Street of Jackels is full of antiquities shops, Charles. Though more of the N'Kwane variety than the Whitford, I'm afraid," Jibril answers wryly.

Ashy

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
"Al-Qahera..er...Cairo - that is what the business card said, and I know of no other street by that name. The Street of Jackels is full of antiquities shops, Charles. Though more of the N'Kwane variety than the Whitford, I'm afraid," Jibril answers wryly.

Charles is only half-listening, as he is busy with his creation... However, he replies, "Still, it would be interesting to go there, nonetheless..."

Gomez

First Post
Vendetta said:
Jack pretends to not really notice anything going on around him and strolls to a shelf of items near the door, still humming, but etching the face and garb of the man in his mind. He pokes at one of the items for a moment longer then with a brief, Nonchalant wave back at N'Kwane, trying to look as much like an uninterested shopper as possible, Jack steps out of the shop.

Once outside, he scans the street for the mysterious sleeper and will attempt to follow him at a distance to see where he's going... he can come back later for a closer look around, assuming he sees something he thinks significant.

((OOC: Hide +5, Intimidate +8, Listen +4, Move Silently +6, Search +8, Spot +4, Knowledge: Streetwise +6, and the Sharp Eyed Feat. Not sure what all will be important, so put it all :D))

Stepping outside, Jack sees the man walking over to a group of black men gathered around a barrel with a fire burning inside. The young man talks to them and turns and looks at you. The whole group of about 6 men looks you over. Their clothes look warn and shabby. The young man from the shop beckons you to join them. He motions his hand as if he is asking for a cigarette.

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
Ju-Ju House

After Jack leaves, Mr. N'Kwane hands William the wrapped knife. As he takes your money he hesitates. "Sirs, if you are interested in knives, I think I have a special one that would interest you greatly. I just got it in." He looks at Ulysses. "I think you would have a special interest in it sir. Being that you are British."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
William takes the wrapped package from Mr. N'Kwane. When the black man suggests "looking at new inventory", he turns and waits to gauge Ulysses' reaction before fully going along with it.

((
But trying not to look suspicious of intent...
))

Vendetta

First Post
Jack walks out and notices the sleeping guy. "Must have been expecting this." He thinks to himself and he looks around more deliberately until he sees a bus stop just down the block a couple of buildings. He goes over to it and waits patiently until the bus comes.

((Jack is going to make his way to where ever it is that they were going to meet up afterwards.))

Gomez

First Post
Vendetta said:
Jack walks out and notices the sleeping guy. "Must have been expecting this." He thinks to himself and he looks around more deliberately until he sees a bus stop just down the block a couple of buildings. He goes over to it and waits patiently until the bus comes.

((Jack is going to make his way to where ever it is that they were going to meet up afterwards.))

[OOC: The group of men are inside the courtyard. To get to a bus stop you would have to go out the alleyway to the main street.]

Jack walks out to the street and then down to a bus stop a block away. The snow is falling more heavily but the wind has died down. At the bus stop you notice that two of the black men have followed you to the bus stop and they appear to be waiting for it as well. They appear to be ignoring you.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads