Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 1 (New York City)

Lensman

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
ooc: from our last visit to Juju house, is there an alley between the front of the store and the street behind it - that is, could Jibril and Jack approach from the stree behind rather than from the front?

OOC: There is a short alleyway leading from the street to the courtyard were the Ju-Ju House is. Though you remember that there was another door in the courtyard. It looked to be the back door of some sort of abandoned shop. The door had a heavy looking padlock on it. You figure that the front entrance to this shop must be on the next street over.

Sorry this is Gomez! I was trying out a old name of mine and forgot to change it back to Gomez! :)

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Gomez said:
The police operator says that they will send someone to check it out.

Charles tells as much to Miriam and then says, "Miriam, is there anything that your...abilities...can tell us about what might be happening??"

Maerdwyn

First Post
Lensman said:
OOC: There is a short alleyway leading from the street to the courtyard were the Ju-Ju House is. Though you remember that there was another door in the courtyard. It looked to be the back door of some sort of abandoned shop. The door had a heavy looking padlock on it. You figure that the front entrance to this shop must be on the next street over.

Sorry this is Gomez! I was trying out a old name of mine and forgot to change it back to Gomez! :)
ooc: Sorry - just making sure I've got the layout right. Juju house is not directly on a street, but in a courtyard a little ways removed from the street. In addition to the door into JuJu house from the courtyard, there is another door in the same courtyard which is possibly the back entrance to an abandoned shop. The door to that shop is padlocked on the courtyard side of the door, meaning that if we tried to come through the other side, we'd need to contend with that lock first or break the door down around it.

Jibril talks about the situation with Jack. "Do we want to go in the front through the alley? They're almost certainly watching it right now. We could try to get into the courtard from the other side, but not sure if we'll be able to. What do you think?"

Gomez

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
ooc: Sorry - just making sure I've got the layout right. Juju house is not directly on a street, but in a courtyard a little ways removed from the street. In addition to the door into JuJu house from the courtyard, there is another door in the same courtyard which is possibly the back entrance to an abandoned shop. The door to that shop is padlocked on the courtyard side of the door, meaning that if we tried to come through the other side, we'd need to contend with that lock first or break the door down around it.

OOC: You got it!

Vendetta

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
Jibril talks about the situation with Jack. "Do we want to go in the front through the alley? They're almost certainly watching it right now. We could try to get into the courtard from the other side, but not sure if we'll be able to. What do you think?"

"Yeah, let's go around behind and see if we can get in that way." Jack replies.

OOC: Were there any windows in the JuJu house?

Gomez

First Post
Vendetta said:
OOC: Were there any windows in the JuJu house?

OOC: There is a display window and the glass front door. The abandoned shop is also side by side to the Ju-Ju House.

Jack and Jibril walk around the block and find an abandoned pawn shop that you think is the one that is next to the Ju-Ju House. The front door is boarded up and there are bars on the windows. It is now dark and with the cold and the snow the street is not very busy.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ashy said:
Charles tells as much to Miriam and then says, "Miriam, is there anything that your...abilities...can tell us about what might be happening??"
"No darling, I'm afraid not. Sometimes I see things, even in my dreams, and I can sometimes tell the history of an object from a touch, but for seeing at a distance... that I something that seems to be a bit of a fluke. Just be safe, and don't do anything foolish," she admonishes.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
[sblock]"Quite comfortable, thank you," William says to N'kwane. Now's not the time for sarcasm, William, he thinks as N'kwane and the other captors leave. After they're out of the room, he calls up to the lieutenant. "Lt. Poole! Are you alright, man?" ((ooc: this, of course, assumes he seems in good condition. And how high up are we suspended? ))[/sblock]

Ashy

First Post
Charles looks at Miriam quizzically, "Well, make no mistake, I am here with you for the duration. I learned in the war that when you can keep your head down - do!" The scholar moves over to the pile of books and begins looking through them again. "I wonder if there was something that we missed..."

OOC: Charles is looking back through the tomes, hoping to pass the time usefully...

Remove ads