• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

Dr Simon

Explorer
Hang lops the head of the laizard creature standing over Blue and steps up beside Mal, but the other lizards push forwards. There attacks are ineffective; they are using claws against armed and armoured men, and doughty men at that, but it is still five against two. Over by the gangway, Hang and Mal spot over the shoulders of their enemies Shem stepping gingerly onto the deck, Hang's dog Quinn following at his heels.

[sblock=OOC]
Dock Fight 9.jpg

Mal - miss
Hang, hits #10 and kills it.
All lizardfolk miss!
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Mal miffs another attack and falls grimly silent as he concentrates on his work, ruing the fact that he's not nearly so good with an axe as he is with a longbow.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
  • Free: None
  • Move: None
  • Standard: Miss another attack (rolled a 12).
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Unconscious upon the deck, Blue moans as if experiencing a bad dream...

[sblock=Blue]Blue stands in the spirit world. His body seems so far away but it lies at his feet, or rather, his spirit-self hovers above. Blue is disconnected, unable to think clearly, though the solid presence of White Matoo is within arm's reach. Iron Ancestor stands next to White Matoo, hammer in hand, and the two form a shield between Blue's unconscious body and the third spirit.

"Let me take him and I'll save his life. Like I did before."

Wild Jade Wolf paces looking for a gap in the other spirits' defense of their charge.

"No," says Iron Ancestor. "He isn't properly tempered. Allowing you in again would break him. Besides, his companions are strong."

Wild Jade Wolf howls his frustration.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 24 Current: 16 [24 nonlethal]
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: spear
--Spear +3 (1d8+4 /x2)
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/2 per day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

I'd XP you for this, but apparently I need to spread them around more!

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang

"I'll cut you in halves!" Shouts the warrior, lifting the heavy falichon over his head, and sinking it on the head of the lizardfolk next to him. The sword cleaves on the creature's skull, and keeps going down, exiting under it's left arm, describing a nice curve. The lizardman blinks, and then falls in two pieces. Satisfied by his work, he eyes his dog "Quin, flank!"

Falichon fatality: 26 to hit Nº12, critical hit, 11 damage +11 additional damage. Ordering Quin to attack Nº13.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Hang downs another of the black and gold-scaled reptiles. The lizardmen still have the advantage of numbers but their attrition rate is high. Their simple-minded tactics, however, suggest that they aren't going to give up until all have been killed or incapacitated. They continue their assault, and Mal is clawed and mauled.

Quin darts from behind and bites another of the creatures. It hisses in pain and surprise, slapping the dog with its crocodilian tail. Quin yelps but comes back snarling to the attack. Meanwhile, Shem ceeps over to one of the fallen sailors and begins searching (or looting) the body.

[sblock=OOC]
Dock Fight 10.jpg

Mal - miss
Hang - hit on #12, kills it.
Quin - bite attack on #13, hits for 5 damage

#5 - attack Mal, miss
#7 - attack Mal, hits for 5 nonlethal
#12 - attack Mal, miss
#13 - attack Quin, hits for 4 nonlethal
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Thellish curses begin to rumble up from Mal's cavernous chest as he whiffs another swing with his huge axe. "This happens every time I try to use anything besides my bow . . . I knew I should've stuck with my bow . . ."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
  • Free: None
  • Move: None
  • Standard: Miss another attack (rolled a 10).
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Hang lops the head off another of the lixards and now only three remain. Quin barks and harries at the one nearest his master but can't get in past the creature's thrashing tail.

Mal swings wildly with his axe as the two lizardmen fighting him move to flank him. He ducks one strike but takes another full force. This time the lizardoid uses its full claws instead of punching, and draws blood.

Meanwhile Shem continues to rifle through the belongings of the dead sailors.

[sblock=OOC]
Dock Fight 11.jpg

Mal - miss
Hang - hits and kills #7
Quin - bite attack vs. #13, miss.
#5 and #11 - 5 ft. steps to move into flank with Mal. #5 miss, #11 hits Mal for 6 damage.
#13 - attack Hang, miss.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads