Masters of the Arcane IC

Halford

First Post
[Sblock=OOC]Poor Scorpy! Its not much of a life being a material component Halford will have to treat him to some Scorpy Snacks.[/Sblock]

Halford casts Improvisation and Divine Insight out of view in the mansion.

"Our modest friend underestimates his illusions, I think, and perhaps himself, though that remains to be seen."

He says, stepping from the Mansion to retrieve his bedraggled Scorpion and nonchalantly strumming his lute before casting a cure light wounds upon the creature.

[Sblock=OOC]A Cure Light Wounds which heals 34 hit points. I'm a little smug about that. Hopefully we will get to work together more often than not because Halford really excels as a buffer, Bardic Music quickened healing spells, all the Clerical buffs.

A Cure Light under the effects of Healing Hymn which allows Halford to add his ranks in perform to the spell as a profane bonus. (1d8+28=34) [/Sblock]

"Impressive Master Nick, if we fight alongside one another I shall act to ensure your enchantments are able to pierce any magical protections. The power to turn an enemy into a friend is no small thing."

He flashes his dazzling smile at the group.

[Sblock=OOC]: Diplomacy DC 68. Halford likes to be liked, which often means he acts like a nice guy.

Diplomacy check (1d20+58=68) [/Sblock]

Halford

First Post
[Sblock=OOC]33 modifier, + 12 luck bonus for Inspiration a 1st level bard spell, + 15 insight bonus from Divine Insight a 2nd level Cleric spell. Hmm, I added that wrong its actually +60. I suppose I could bmp it up another 2 if I inspired competence to, but it seems a tad redundant. Though now I think about it he would have had to spend an additional Baric Music use in order to get +15 instead of 14 from the Divine Insight, so he strummed his lute quickly before stepping through from the MM.

Don't worry social skills don't work on PCs, you don't have to like him its just an indication that he's very likeable.

If he lies he can muster a + 72 on a Bluff check. 25 modifier, +30 Glibness, +12 Improvisation, and +15 Divine Insight.

"No, seriously, I am your father Mind Flayer whose name I do not know. Your not really a Mind Flayer you are just mentally deluded because you were adopted by mind flayers and constructed an elaborate fantasy life for yourself.

Now come over here close your eyes and wait for your old man to hug you. Expose your jugular a bit more son, its an old family traition when we hug.

Oh, but before we do that I am a Prince in a land called Nigeria and stand to claim a huge inheritance if I can only pay a small fee of two thousand gold pieces. If you could supply me with those two thousand gold pieces I would be happy to give you half of my elventy gagillion platinum piece inheritance..."
[/Sblock]

Vincent Tempes

First Post
As the roar of excitement from the various displays finally slowed, yet another applicant could be heard advancing. His steps were slow, and measured, leather boots clicking on the stones audibly as he approached. Eyes flickered between the assembled, peircing blue staring out from beneath his dark hooded cloak.

His face was blank as he closed distance, eyes flicking down to that unconcious dragon, then past it to its owner. A smile would cross his lips, as he uttered a single word. "Begone."

Magic swirled from him then for those who could see it, laying over the dragon and attacking the spell that made it so. Attempt after attempt struck it, before at last the magic unraveled, the dragon shrinking before each of Alphina's steps. It reached that original form for only an instant before a boot heel mangled it once again, crushing the insect.

His eyes flicked up then, as if daring the 'owner' to make an issue of the creature's death, his pace steady as he advanced. As he passed, his head turned, slowly shaking as he passed the human Beguiler, another single word passing his lips. "Suffer."

As the human collapsed, rolling in agony he continued his pacing, the corners of his mouth touching at a gentle smile. "Don't worry, he's just in pain." He murmured, chuckling as he approached the group.

[sblock=ooc]Alright, first off, sorry Dire Lemming! I was going to kill your little summoned creature, but you unsummoned it too fast! Nothing personal!!!

Anyways, Chain contingency, with three greater dispels in it. Third one hits the polymorph. Following that, Quickened Power Word: Pain, no save, lasts for 2d4 rounds.

Dispel 3 is the one you want. Power word: 2 rounds

And just an FYI, even though I don't know my whole spell list, I do know the following are cast.

Mindblank, Empowered and Sudden Maximize Spell Turning, Greater Arcane Sight. Moment of Precience.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Elzmyr sat staring at the viewing pool, unable to decide whether to laugh or be offended. The man had an obvious flair for the dramatic, but he was also just as obviously not a 'nice' person. This was definitely someone he'd have to keep an eye on, he thought as he decided that it was, in the end, NOT funny
"ER.. sorry about your Scorpion, Ford." Elzmyr says as he walks past him, heading for the poor, writhing beguiler. Fortunately though,the pain has passed as he begins casting his Disjunction to end it. Stopping, he lowers his arms and shrugs, readying to intervene if the two come to blows.

Halford

First Post
[Sblock=OOC]Sorry to be that guy again, I am him I'm just sorry about it, but the chained spell contingency does not work, since "the spell to be brought into effect by the contingency must be one that affects your person", and clearly your dispels are not doing that.

2nd Halford had already picked up his scorpion, though I had admitedly forgotten to dispel the POA first.

3rd leave Scorpy alone! *sobs*

Is late enough that I am becoming zany, which tells me I ought to go to bed. Night all.

LOL[/Sblock]

"Pah, have no concern or the bug Elzmyr, they are expendable. Though I'd prefer you did not abreviate my appelation, a musicians reputation is in his name afterall. It is always good to learn about ones peers, whether it be their abilities or their personalities. For my part I consider the lesson well worth the price, I am not sure Nick agrees."

Halford keeping a wary eye on the new comer, uses a Cure Minor wounds on Nick which heals 24 points of damage - it still being within five rounds of the healing hymn.

"Well," the musician says to the newcomer, "you know how to make an entrance, I will give you that."

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Nick stands, glaring at the... well, jackass in front of him. "Did you come here to pick a fight, or did you come here to learn? Yes, Either of us could kill each other with a word, and doing so would do neither of us any good. You'll will impress no one in this place with impotent cruelty."

Jemal

Adventurer
You'll will impress no one in this place with impotent cruelty."
Elzmyr shrugs and whispers to Halford "It worked for the lich.."

[sblock=ooc]
Might I say this is rather amusing that there's like 6 of us online at this one time? *L*[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
"Indeed it did. Though he, and I for that matter, might question the impotency of his cruelty!" Halford chuckles.

Well if either of you fine fellows wishes to join us in the comforts of the mansion feel free. Though I shall have to ask you to refrain from using your magics upon colleagues."

Remove ads