MCDM monster book “Flee Mortals!” KS is live!

darjr

I crit!
I thought I backed super early, like immediately, and I was still out of the first 500! 594

1E801D5D-2672-42CC-B75B-1E5E11BC6BB4.jpeg

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Comes in at a respectable #6 in the Million Dollar Kickstarter chart, making Matt Colville the first to have three entries on the chart!

dave2008

Legend
These preview packets are amazing. Most of these monsters are VAST improvements over what we have. VAST.
I actually had the opposite reaction. I have been a bit underwhelmed. They have used the more is better approach, which isn't always true IMO. So where the MM gave us 3 orcs, they are providing 12+/- variant orcs. Which is fine, but i haven't necessarily found them to be much better than when WotC does the same thing (multiple types of Gnoll for example). Not sure what I was expecting, maybe it is me. I do think they better, just not "amazing."

Also, I do like the idea of monster themes, but I don't always agree with how they have implemented them.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
I agree. I’ve swapped in these versions at my table and each one my players have loved.

But the minion rules have been such a great spice to add. But the new vampire in packet 4, finally feels CR13.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I actually had the opposite reaction. I have been a bit underwhelmed. They have used the more is better approach, which isn't always true IMO. So where the MM gave us 3 orcs, they are providing 12+/- variant orcs. Which is fine, but i haven't necessarily found them to be much better than when WotC does the same thing (multiple types of Gnoll for example). Not sure what I was expecting, maybe it is me. I do think they better, just not "amazing."

Also, I do like the idea of monster themes, but I don't always agree with how they have implemented them.
I don't think I need 12 orc blocks either......

WotC monsters are largely "stand around and hit each other with sticks until they die". Very little battlefield control. Few reactions or bonus actions. A lot of their monsters are just re-fluffed statblocks where bite=claw for another monster. Boring. Few things that distinguish one humanoid from another. I don't love all their choices here, but at least they are choices.

I get not everyone agrees.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases