Mearls' Happy Fun Hour Acrobat

epithet

Explorer
In the first couple of episodes of the Happy Fun Hour, Mike Mearls started putting together an Acrobat subclass for the thief. If I remember correctly, though, he never finished it--he said something about getting input from other folks at WotC and then moved on to the Giant Soul for Sorcerer for two episodes, and now the the Warlord has consumed the last three installments.

Am I mis-remembering? Did he finish the acrobat in a play-testable version? Has he said anything about it on Twitter? Or, perhaps I misunderstood the objective, and the acrobat was never more than an example used to illustrate principles of class design philosophy without intending to finish it into a playable version.

Or maybe... maybe I imagined the whole thing!

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I dont think he went back to finish this one, though it wasn't far from complete even after only one episode. Some of those archetypes are more complete than some.
- Kraken Warlock is mostly finished
- Acrobat rogue has its bases, but lacks a finishing touch
- Giant sorcerer is lacking some features
- Warlord fighter received its final draft today
- Order Cleric was completed in only one episode

I’m uncertain these will ever be finished. They seem like thought experiments to show how to design classes and not serious attempts to design future content for books.

Yaarel

He Mage
I’m uncertain these will ever be finished. They seem like thought experiments to show how to design classes and not serious attempts to design future content for books.

Mearls mentions handing the creations over to developers for further refinement. So, I assume the successful experiments will make it to UA and to splatbook.

Remove ads