WOIN Meet the Grey Fellowship

The second of the three pre-built adventuring parties in the WOIN Starter Box!

One of the three pre-built adventuring parties in the upcoming What's OLD is NEW Starter Box is the the Grey Fellowship (illustrated here by Claudio Pozas). We met the sci-fi-themed crew of the Starship Murphy last week, and the modern-themed Alpha Squad are coming in the next few days. Be sure to click to be notified when the Kickstarter launches!

The WOIN Starter Box is a gorgeous boxed set for this flexible TTRPG with rulebook, adventures, characters, poster maps, tokens--and an open license!

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

OsirisDawnEU

Villager
Create Poison is strange. Takes 5 minutes and becomes useless after 5 more.... sounds not all that usefull. Wonder whats the thought behind that.
I would have added " ... becomes useless after 5 minutes, after being applied to food or drink."
But thats just me. :giggle:

Every thing else looks super. (y)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Create Poison is strange. Takes 5 minutes and becomes useless after 5 more.... sounds not all that usefull. Wonder whats the thought behind that.
I would have added " ... becomes useless after 5 minutes, after being applied to food or drink."
But thats just me. :giggle:

Every thing else looks super. (y)
Stops you spending hours stocking them up and driving round with a cartload of them.

DevL

Explorer
@Morrus Long time lurker here registering to point out the typo "detemrine" in Magic Sense for Agatha. Hope it can be fixed in time for the print run. :)

Cheers!

Lime2K

Explorer
Looking over the characters here, it seems like all of their Health scores are too high. Unless there’s something in OLD I haven’t noticed yet, the highest Agathe Drakes health should be is 24, and that’s only if her 2d6 END roll and 2d6 WIL rolls both max out.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Looking over the characters here, it seems like all of their Health scores are too high. Unless there’s something in OLD I haven’t noticed yet, the highest Agathe Drakes health should be is 24, and that’s only if her 2d6 END roll and 2d6 WIL rolls both max out.
'Cinematic Mode' adds the LUC dice pool too.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
Am I missing something, but some of the enemies in the OLD book, the defenses seem darned high.
A Bandit with a 20 ranged defense?
With a soak of 3, and if Gimnor attacks with a 1d6+3 for crossbow damage, it's going to be nickel and diming the bad guy.
Even with trading dice for damage, I'll likely not hit that defense score.

Also, I believe the Bandit ranged defense score is wrong. It should be 11. It's based on AGL (3d6), no dodge, acrobatics or foresight skills. There is a movement skill, but that's not listed as giving a defense bump, also that is listed a magic based skill.

I love the completeness of these books, but I am struggling to make combat work. (I hope I'm missing something)

Attachments

• bandit WOIN OLD.jpg
    bandit WOIN OLD.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

TheHirumaChico

Explorer
Is there a typo in Selena's Brilliant exploit? The exploit text says she "may substitute a LOG check (4d6) for any other attribute check." However, her LOG score is only 3d6.

Remove ads

Remove ads