Mercy in the Nine Hells... a solo game for Isida Kep'Tukari

*Aust will act genuinely honored that Tess is buying him food, and he smiles when she refers to him as, 'the champion.' However, once the food arrives, its apparent he has a hard time focusing on conversation, and once it has ended, despite his previous flowering of good manners, he tears into it ravenously*

*By the time Tess asks her question, he's already finished his plate.

"Many things..." he'll start to answer before Roscoe's sharp comment. Surprisingly, he gives a sheepish grin at the sharp words.

"Well, your little friend is right, in a way. The fame part... and also to see what is down this far south. This is the first time I've felt heat this much... where I come from it snows all the time."

"I suppose its a wanderlust really. To see what's beyond the next hill, the next forest, the next town. There... wasn't much to keep me at... home, I guess, so I went,"
he'll shrug.

*However, you notice something funny happens to his voice when he mentions home. He pauses, as if trying to pick his words carefully.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"It turns out that we're actually looking for those who wander, as well as those who can handle themselves in a fight, as you clearly can. Perhaps you might be interested in traveling with us? We're heading toward the North, though it will be a long journey, in order to give some people a hand. Play the hero and the like. Does that sound like anything you'd be interested in?" Tess asks, her smile bright. She gestures grandly with her hands, her tone and manner seemingly thrilled with the possibility of travel and excitement.

"I... um... would be um.. delighted," he catches himself. "I...um... well... I love playing the hero!" his bravado returns, if only briefly.

"Um... who exactly would we be helping? I know of some people that could use some... help... Nevermind."

*He'll wave his hand dismissively*
"It's very far. Too far probably... and too many... nevermind about it. Perhaps we could go drive some white dragons out of the Snowfells, or save some northelves from a frost worm!"

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Who is it that is in need of help? We're not ones to scorn a long journey, that's for certain!" Tess says with a bright laugh.

"Aye, not even to the ends of the earth, or beyond it for that matter! We go wherever needs going to," Roscoe says, perking up a bit now that action was being proposed.

"Well... um... I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I... think it might do more harm than good. Unless you have the same power as an army, I don't know if you could really help."

*He'll look nervously to make sure the private door is closed, before continuing*

"There are... problems... in Arbor Pale. My family used to be the Jarls of the region... until she came. It started with the small children going missing... my youngest brother was one. Then the City Governors began infighting, in time for her beasts to take Arbor Pale with nary a fight. None knows what she looks like, save her warriors are fearsome, and she wields a power so strong that most in the city, and all the surrounding tribes, have fallen under her spell." *He looks afraid, for the first time you've seen him* "More children were taken, never to be seen again. My father somehow resisted her magic, and opposed her, and was slain. I was tossed to the seven winds, and my mother and sister taken hostage. If I return, she plans to kill them."

*His voice grows a little stronger as he speaks*

"If... if you want the truth, here it is. I came south looking to make a name for myself, so that someday I could return, an army at my back, and drive this... 'Queen of the Snows' out. But... for now all I have is your kind patronage, the gold I've won, and this bottle of wine, I suppose," he'll smile distantly. "Not nearly enough."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"You have more than that, far more than you realize," Tess says softly. "Both of my friends here, as well as myself, are incorrigable do-gooders. We must go to see this Queen of Snows and her work, and we will help free Arbor Pale, I swear it." Tess' eyes sparkle with enthusiasm as she speaks while Roscoe thumps his mug on the table.

"Sounds like more fun than you can shake my uncle's greatsword at! When do we leave?" the halfling demands.

*His eyes go a little wide at Tess' assessment of the power she and her comrades wield. He seems confused, and it looks like he's desperately trying to find the right words.*

"Um... Miss Tess... I certainly do appreciate your help, but... unless you intend to strike her army dead with good looks, like the nymphs of the forest, I...um... I'm not sure how four people can defeat so many. Unless there is more to your patronage than meets the eye."

*He'll turn to Roscoe at the halfling's comment, a tense grin starting on his lips.*

"Aye, that describes it. Halflings cannot lift greatswords, and this lady is as deadly as the greatest icy avalanche."

*At Roscoe's request of leaving time, Aust will shrug in confusion*

"I suppose whenever you three are ready. But I would sincerely like to know why you three are so confident in your strengths. I have never heard of a woman with a harp and a dagger taking on someone with far more power than any of your 'Barons' before. Your friend the cleric at least as a sword, and I mean no offense, Roscoe, but I think her minions would die of laughter before your blade hurt them."

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I can knock you head over heels before you can blink, boy! I've killed more devils with this weapon than people you've beaten!" Roscoe says leaning forward, his eyes dangerously alight.

"Aust, I think we can convince you that we're more than we appear. Come with us; I think we'll be able to convince you of our skill as well as our sincerity," Tess says, hiding her irritation behind a mask of manners.

*Haman has a shocked look at Aust's comments about doubting their powers, but finally manages to speak after Tess suggests they head out*

"There will likely be many ways along the road to Arbor Pale for us to show you our abilities, and gain your trust. But if this creature is as vile as you speak, time is of the essense, my friend. Tess, when should we leave?"

*Aust gives another impudent grin*
"Very well... I suppose if I'm going north towards a blaze of glory, I should at least be accompanied by two pretty women worthy of a ballad."

"And perhaps along the route, Roscoe here can show me his combat skills. He talks quite a great deal... perhaps at some point he should be given a chance to swing as well!"

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I'll do more than that," Roscoe grumbles, downing the last of his pint. "You'll finally get to cross blades with a real warrior!"

"Well, shall we finish up our meal and get going? No time like the present, as they say," Tess says brightly. "Did you want to get anything with your prize money before you left the city, Aust?"

Remove ads