• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Merging Skills

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
The main one that I'd consider changing is joining spot and listen together as awareness and hide & move silently together as sneaking. This would be a welcome simplification and free up a couple of skill points for other interesting things.

Climb and Swim are skills it is useful to have a few ranks in, but you don't need to keep them maxed out. That's fine. Jump is also nice to have a few ranks in and some people might want to max it out, which is also fine.

Balance would benefit from being beefed up a little in usage, and I allow people to use balance checks to oppose Bull Rush and Trip attacks against them.

I agree that tumble is one of the uber-skills which does so much for you it is unbelievable :)

Li Shenron

Legend
Hand of Vecna said:
Fantasy Flight Games's Mechamorphosis (a.k.a. "Transformers D20") rolled several sets of 3 skills into 1.
  • Balance, Escape Artist and Tumble were all rolled into Acrobatics.
  • Climb, Jump, and Swim are all rolled into Athletics.
  • Disable Device, Open Lock, and Use Rope were all rolled into Build/Repair [Simple].
  • Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Perform, and Sense Motive were all rolled into the skill Interaction.
  • Craft and Profession were rolled into the Programming skill.
  • Listen, Search and Spot were all rolled into the Senses skill.
  • Hide, Move Silently, and Sleight of Hand were all rolled into the Stealth skill.

Wow... that is ALMOST like rolling all skills into let's see... Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma. :p

Remove ads