Mike Schley's MASSIVE Forgotten Realms Map From SCAG!

Cartographer Mike Schley has posted the enormous map of Northwest Faerûn from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. It's poster sized (10,200 x 6,600 pixels, or a 34-page PDF) or you can get the Artists Print version shipped to you in the form of a poster map. "This new absolutely massive map of D&D's Sword Coast and Northwestern Faerûn was commissioned by Wizards of the Coast to accompany their 5th Edition D&D game supplement Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. lead your adventures through his exhaustive map of The Forgotten Realms' most Iconic lands and make sure to let it inspire some truly fantastic storytelling."

Cartographer Mike Schley has posted the enormous map of Northwest Faerûn from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. It's poster sized (10,200 x 6,600 pixels, or a 34-page PDF) or you can get the Artists Print version shipped to you in the form of a poster map. "This new absolutely massive map of D&D's Sword Coast and Northwestern Faerûn was commissioned by Wizards of the Coast to accompany their 5th Edition D&D game supplement Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. lead your adventures through his exhaustive map of The Forgotten Realms' most Iconic lands and make sure to let it inspire some truly fantastic storytelling."
The print version ($10-$54, depending on size) is here, and the digital version ($10) is here.

schley_fr.jpg

Blackwarder

Adventurer
That would rock! I still make use of my old 2e era FR atlas. An updated version would be fantastic.

I want a version where i can turn on and off weather patterns, trade routs, mining and resource information, zoom in on cities, demographics, the ability to drop pins with costum information, and being able to add to it, for example, I'll be willing to buy a DLC with all of the maps for ToD or PotA, or OotA.
As much as I want a physical setting book for FR I think that by the year 2015 a living birthing electronic atlas is a much better choice.

Warder

Chimpy

First Post
This map looks amazing. I'll definitely pop over and buy it when I get a chance.

I don't mind paying the artist a small amount for it at all. It helps the industry.

Has anyone bought the digital version? Does it come with a full size version of the map, or is it all divided into those smaller maps? $136 for the 24x30 print version is ridiculous. I know many are going to defend this, and I am all for supporting these artists, but that is insane! I suppose I'll have to buy the digital version and take it to Office Max like I have his City of Greyhawk map.

$136 ..... wow! Just ....... wow!

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
$136 for the 24x30 print version is ridiculous. I know many are going to defend this, and I am all for supporting these artists, but that is insane!

20"x30" is $78. Quite the price jump to go to 24"x36". I don't really know much about the printing industry. Does moving to that scale require a special printer or other equipment?

DM_Jeff

Explorer
I got the digital version, and you get both - a JPEG full sized, and a PDF with a full-sized page and then all tiled. The prices for the printed maps are a bit high. I got the digital one because I've been taking Mike's maps to Staples and can get 24x36 posters on great stock for about $30.

Also check yer email - Mike sent out a 15% off coupon for those who've made purchases from him before.

Wulfang

First Post
I feel your pain.

I usually do the same with the digital version because his prices for Print versions are astronomical. And that doesn't even include Shipping and the terrible conversion rate due to low Canadian dollar. Nobody in Canada can afford those prints.

I can bring it to a local place and get it printed (and laminated) or on vinyl for 1/3 the price.

CM

Adventurer
Now I'm pondering an overlay for the JPG that adds hexes in one layer, and the smaller towns and ruins from the volo's guides and other older sources on another.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

Just got a copy for myself. I know many will be unhappy with "needing" to pay for such a big map when in the past maps were provided in digital format for free. I don't know of any map that has quite this resolution though. It's very big. A few oddities (cities aren't marked in Cormyr but are labelled). But otherwise pretty damn good.

Bolded... if you're talking FR only. I think you are right. FR fans are gonna love this! :)

But, if you mean "any" D&D campaign setting... I'm afraid us Greyhawkers have a wonderful cartographer who goes by the name of Anna B. Meyer. She's made a map of the Flanaes (GH's core stomping ground), all absolutely FREE. Here is a list to the "big multi-page'er. Each of those squares is 3000px (or, 10" x 10" @ 300dpi). http://ghmaps.net/greyhawk-maps/flanaess-3000-pixel-squares/ Yeah, that means it would print out at somewhere around 100"x80" or so...a "bit" bigger than 36"x24". :) I suppose you could print it at 600dpi...but that'd still make it an extra-large map of 50"x40" or so. One of these days (maybe next year, tax returns! :) ) I'm gonna have to print these out as 10"x10" sheets, put them together, and get them laminated. That'd make an amazing wall mural! :drool:

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Remove ads

Remove ads