Mindflayer Themed Campaign (Recruiting Closed!)

Thramzorean

First Post
hero4hire said:
Hey Thram,

Cool character. I particularly like the background. I *think* his touch is a 27 though.
Unless I am wrong Deflective Armor only works with Armor Bonuses and not Natural Armor Bonuses.

H4H
You're right, I knew that too without even going back to reference it, mutter, mumble... thanks...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Well, I've come to the conclusion that I won't have the time to dedicate to another game, especially since I'm starting my first one here. Looks fun, though!

Lord_Raven88

First Post
stonegod said:
LR's post was at 927PM my local time a week ago, so there's still time. ;)

Just got back from Turkey Day here stateside. Should have something today.
I'm more than happy to extend the deadline, especially since there is a minor holiday called Thanksgiving for you US based spammers to contend with. :p

At this stage I'm going to close recruiting to any new expressions of interest and give the rest of you time to finalise your characters. :cool:

Thramzorean said:
Czystakllae 'Huntmaster' is now up on the rogues gallery here .

Aside from the obvious tracking/hunting able to fill a number of rolls from front line combatant to mobile artillery. Might like to tweak a couple of powers if selected and final party composition.

Sigh, would be nice if you can take everyone though Lord_Raven88 at this stage and not have to drop anyone. I think there's only 1 more than the four looked for. Ah well, I think the deadline is pretty much due NZ time...

Good luck all
Once I have the final number of submissions, I'll revisit exactly who and how many get to play.

Thramzorean

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
... and give the rest of you time to finalise your characters. :cool:
Don't know about the rest of you but without experience on Lord_Raven88's DM style I've been bouncing a few things around without much conclusion. You can't be sure with this kind of party it will be evil vs. good, it could be evil vs. evil and I had a sacred sheeth in my equipment list at one point just in case. Swapped it out for a monocle of perusal... and I don't even know if Lord_Raven88 isn't one of those DMs who simply tells you what the gear is... :lol:

Wrahn

First Post
Hero4hire,

I had a couple of observations about your character. First, you took the exact psionic selection I did, now I realize you may not intend to use them, thus they might be irrelevant, I just wanted to make sure you realized you can choose which ever powers you wish and aren't bound by whatever Aclaum has. The only thing they list in the XPH is the sample list of powers a "typical" mind flayer has, which, apart from taking the telepathic focus, I did not feel necessary to follow.

The second thing is, while I don't know the source of the Illithid Body Tamer, and have not seen a feel detailing of it, from what you showed of it, it did not grant armor or weapon proficiency. Does it? and if not you may want to look at your equipment a little closer.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Thramzorean said:
Don't know about the rest of you but without experience on Lord_Raven88's DM style I've been bouncing a few things around without much conclusion. You can't be sure with this kind of party it will be evil vs. good, it could be evil vs. evil and I had a sacred sheeth in my equipment list at one point just in case. Swapped it out for a monocle of perusal... and I don't even know if Lord_Raven88 isn't one of those DMs who simply tells you what the gear is... :lol:
I hear that LR guy is a real pain in the neck ;) but don't tell him I said so. :D

If you have something is particular you want sorted, feel free to ask. It's possible I missed it the first time around. Or maybe I'm just ignoring you :confused:

Anywho! the adventures I'm planning on running involve a certain Githyanki invasion and the search for hidden treasures to help against said invasion. :]

However since you don't know the exact order of events, it pays to be prepared for all possibilities.

hero4hire

Explorer
Wrahn said:
Hero4hire,

I had a couple of observations about your character. First, you took the exact psionic selection I did, now I realize you may not intend to use them, thus they might be irrelevant, I just wanted to make sure you realized you can choose which ever powers you wish and aren't bound by whatever Aclaum has. The only thing they list in the XPH is the sample list of powers a "typical" mind flayer has, which, apart from taking the telepathic focus, I did not feel necessary to follow.

Yeah since I didn't have the XPH handy I just cut "n" paste yours figuring them to be typical.

Thule probably should just have the "average" Flayer psionic abilities as he trains very little with them and wouldn't be seeking out differing disciplines.

I should probably go ahead and fix that.

Wrahn said:
The second thing is, while I don't know the source of the Illithid Body Tamer, and have not seen a feel detailing of it, from what you showed of it, it did not grant armor or weapon proficiency. Does it? and if not you may want to look at your equipment a little closer.

It grants all Simple and Martial Weapon Proficiencies and all types of Armor and Shield except Tower Shields. So his equipment should be fine. :)

Thramzorean

First Post
hero4hire said:
Yeah since I didn't have the XPH handy I just cut "n" paste yours figuring them to be typical.

Thule probably should just have the "average" Flayer psionic abilities as he trains very little with them and wouldn't be seeking out differing disciplines.

I should probably go ahead and fix that.
I'd suggest just getting a couple a little out of the box general purpose powers which will compliment matters like: Divination Psionic and Time Hop and the famous: making-the-illithid-slayer-impervious-buff

Thramzorean

First Post
@Lord_Raven88: somebody came into this thread and started bad mouthing you. Don't worry, I took it with a grain of salt - I'm sure you're the sweetest DM to ever roll a d20.

( :eek: )

Ahem, right, with the obligatory cheezy DM grovel duly in place :
Swapped out the monocle of perusal for pads of the zephyr - which are simply horseshoes of the zephyr for the runehound if that is okay
(figured if there is ever so much loot that the monocle is needed the party could buy one from the loot... doh)
Also updated the combat stats and symbiot info.
Still contemplating taking a flaw...

Edit: I'd like to take one but I'd like to be able to take it late in Cystakllae's career. A sort of tweak/hangover from the elder brain's training as it were where the elder brain battered Cystakllae around a bit to be a little more effective. With your permission I'd like to take Weak Will: -3 on will saves. The feat I'd take with it is Extra Power: Dissolving Weapon. Nothing too drastic I hope.

Last edited:

Remove ads