Mindflayer Themed Campaign (Recruiting Closed!)

Thramzorean

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Your concept is fine in principle, so go ahead and make your character. Also the runehound is fine, use the stats as listed. If you get picked then I'll look at whether or not it needs to be adjusted to match your starting level.
I was looking to make it a advanced runehound with the 'phrenic' template as appropriate to the Leadership level. Looking at the hell hound level adjustment which is a similar CR3 monster which estimated to Level 7 there's still a fair way to go. But as mentioned won't get ahead of things...

Voidrazor

First Post
Just posted the background and some of the preliminary crunch for Laevictus.

LR - Could you let me know if you plan to have the campaign be trap-heavy enough to warrant dropping the 1 level dip in Swordsage in favor of Rogue? Swordsage would actually provide a bigger sneak attack (via Assassin's Stance) but I'd like to cover the trapfinding role if that's going to be a significant part of the campaign.

dog45

First Post
Lord_Raven88: Gonna have to bow out of this one. The usual excuses being the reason. Too much to do, not enough time. I'll be reading along though - it should be fun.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Voidrazor said:
Just posted the background and some of the preliminary crunch for Laevictus.

LR - Could you let me know if you plan to have the campaign be trap-heavy enough to warrant dropping the 1 level dip in Swordsage in favor of Rogue? Swordsage would actually provide a bigger sneak attack (via Assassin's Stance) but I'd like to cover the trapfinding role if that's going to be a significant part of the campaign.
I'll be using adventures from various Dungeon mags, so I'll leave it up you to decide if trap finding is a must ;)

dog45 said:
Lord_Raven88: Gonna have to bow out of this one. The usual excuses being the reason. Too much to do, not enough time. I'll be reading along though - it should be fun.
Thanks for the interest dog45.

Voidrazor

First Post
Shadow-kissed was just a bit of dramatic license for describing the Dark template [Tome of Magic p.161]. Swordsages are from Tome of Battle [p.15], but I'm starting to think that trapfinding is going to be more useful to the party than a bit more offensive power.

Thramzorean

First Post
Czystakllae 'Huntmaster' is now up on the rogues gallery here .

Aside from the obvious tracking/hunting able to fill a number of rolls from front line combatant to mobile artillery. Might like to tweak a couple of powers if selected and final party composition.

Sigh, would be nice if you can take everyone though Lord_Raven88 at this stage and not have to drop anyone. I think there's only 1 more than the four looked for. Ah well, I think the deadline is pretty much due NZ time...

Good luck all :D

hero4hire

Explorer
Thramzorean said:
Czystakllae 'Huntmaster' is now up on the rogues gallery here .

Aside from the obvious tracking/hunting able to fill a number of rolls from front line combatant to mobile artillery. Might like to tweak a couple of powers if selected and final party composition.

Sigh, would be nice if you can take everyone though Lord_Raven88 at this stage and not have to drop anyone. I think there's only 1 more than the four looked for. Ah well, I think the deadline is pretty much due NZ time...

Good luck all :D

Hey Thram,

Cool character. I particularly like the background. I *think* his touch is a 27 though.
Unless I am wrong Deflective Armor only works with Armor Bonuses and not Natural Armor Bonuses.

H4H

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
LR's post was at 927PM my local time a week ago, so there's still time. ;)

Just got back from Turkey Day here stateside. Should have something today.

Remove ads