Mindflayer Themed Campaign (Recruiting Closed!)

Thramzorean

First Post
Inconsequenti-AL: where's brainmate from? Is it from Creatures of Madness? Also what is starmetal? I've seen this before but don't have the sourcebook. Cheers.

(My copy of Creatures of Madness is at a friend's place who has gone overseas and I haven't been able to access it for this... and won't get it back for a week or two yet... :\ )

Last edited:

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Thramzorean said:
Inconsequenti-AL: where's brainmate from? Is it from Creatures of Madness? Also what is starmetal? I've seen this before but don't have the sourcebook. Cheers.

(My copy of Creatures of Madness is at a friend's place who has gone overseas and I haven't been able to access it for this... and won't get it back for a week or two yet... :\ )

Ah - picked that think up from the spoiler at the top about items. Hidden under the brain casing IIRC...

Also where the Dampsuit was from. Although I keep wanting to call that a stillsuit. :)

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Thramzorean said:
@Lord_Raven88: somebody came into this thread and started bad mouthing you. Don't worry, I took it with a grain of salt - I'm sure you're the sweetest DM to ever roll a d20.

( :eek: )

Ahem, right, with the obligatory cheezy DM grovel duly in place :
Swapped out the monocle of perusal for pads of the zephyr - which are simply horseshoes of the zephyr for the runehound if that is okay
(figured if there is ever so much loot that the monocle is needed the party could buy one from the loot... doh)
Also updated the combat stats and symbiot info.
Still contemplating taking a flaw...

Edit: I'd like to take one but I'd like to be able to take it late in Cystakllae's career. A sort of tweak/hangover from the elder brain's training as it were where the elder brain battered Cystakllae around a bit to be a little more effective. With your permission I'd like to take Weak Will: -3 on will saves. The feat I'd take with it is Extra Power: Dissolving Weapon. Nothing too drastic I hope.
The item and flaw are fine by me. BTW what book is Dissolving Weapon from.

Since everyone is willing and eager I'll close recruitment, and start looking over everyones characters in detail.

Also since there are only five of you, I might as well as accept the lot of you :cool:

Thramzorean

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
The item and flaw are fine by me. BTW what book is Dissolving Weapon from.
Thanks, its in XPH as a PW power. Though true venom is also looking attractive.

Since everyone is willing and eager I'll close recruitment, and start looking over everyones characters in detail.

Also since there are only five of you, I might as well as accept the lot of you :cool:

Excellent! :cool: Really looking forward to this. :D

Inconcequeniti-AL said:
Ah - picked that think up from the spoiler at the top about items. Hidden under the brain casing IIRC...

Also where the Dampsuit was from. Although I keep wanting to call that a stillsuit.

Teach me to do my homework...

Thramzorean

First Post
Czystakllae is basically done. Had a bit of a rethink about the flaw feat Lord_Raven88. I've not been a big fan of flaws tending to regard them as bit too metagaming but I like the flavour of Weak Willed giving Reckless Offense (XPH) as a feat.
Some minor changes in potions etc.
Outstanding to be tidied up in the character is:
1. Runehound
2 1d3 subtraction from Wis for symbiot which I'll ask you to roll for me.
There are notes for both of these points in the character sheet.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Greetings, It's been busy at work the last couple of days, but I'll try and finish reviewing everyones characters, so that we can get underway early next week.

Thramzorean: I'll work out the detail on your Runehound shortly.

Thramzorean

First Post
Any comments on the group from the rest of the team in terms of complimentary abilities, powers and items? I was hoping we might have Mindlink as the power somewhere in the mix as the telepathy range may not cover scouting distances.

This is going to be a first for me in terms of a completely evil monstrous party, I presume the ultra high lawfulness of the mind flayers means that it shouldn't be too much of an issue in terms of back stabbing each other over 2 copper pieces. Everyone's obliged to put the task first and see other mind flayers get back alive to eventually join the elder brain sort of thing... now where did I put that brain canister :)

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Thramzorean said:
Any comments on the group from the rest of the team in terms of complimentary abilities, powers and items? I was hoping we might have Mindlink as the power somewhere in the mix as the telepathy range may not cover scouting distances.

This is going to be a first for me in terms of a completely evil monstrous party, I presume the ultra high lawfulness of the mind flayers means that it shouldn't be too much of an issue in terms of back stabbing each other over 2 copper pieces. Everyone's obliged to put the task first and see other mind flayers get back alive to eventually join the elder brain sort of thing... now where did I put that brain canister :)

Mindlink seems like a good plan - will check my XPH and see if it could be slotted in somewhere...

With you on group cohesion - figure our duty is to see the brains work done and not waste valuable resources in the process (ourselves!). Safety in numbers and all that!

Wrahn

First Post
I promise not to backstab the party... unless I have something substantial to gain. :)

Though seriously, you should read the primer Lord Raven provided, Mind Flayers aren't exactly the nicest people in the world, but I don't see any problem as long as we are useful to one another.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Wrahn said:
I promise not to backstab the party... unless I have something substantial to gain. :)

Though seriously, you should read the primer Lord Raven provided, Mind Flayers aren't exactly the nicest people in the world, but I don't see any problem as long as we are useful to one another.

That primer was fun. :)

The fascinating bit to me was the lack of positive emotions... (excluding arguably curiousity)

Guess having an effective team around you would lead to a lessening of the sense of danger. Which is not a terrible thing...

Other than that, I supose there's a balancing of personal advancement against obeying the will of the EB (elder brain). Figure one blocker to really 'disruptive' behaviour is that the EB can pick through our brains pretty easily if it decides to?

Remove ads