D&D (2024) Missing - 2024 Starter Set

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I said that.

You fantasized that.

Ah. Now I understand your reasoning based on a false premise.

I pointed out that now the DMG also comes with an introductory adventure, so there is no big pressure to push something out asap. Especially when there was just an overhauled starter set out in the wild that will serve the purpose well enough. It should be easy to include different pregens in it. And slap a 2024 label on it if you actually put those in the box.
DOIP was released 5 years ago....so not "just" out. That's half of 5e's existence.....

Parmandur

Book-Friend
He did, but I think this is a lost opportunity to do another Starter, this one with the new rules printed. Also, this isn't a universally loved adventure, so I think there is room for something different. It's not like Stormwreck is NEW, it's been out a long time. Existing players (if it is good) would buy a new starter, not just new players.

Of course, I could be wrong....and it isn't a missed opportunity.
The point of the Dtarter Set is to be a cheap and quick option kids can pick up in the store and get familiar with and get a Beyond account: and Beyond will no doubt help with updating PCs.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
The point of the Dtarter Set is to be a cheap and quick option kids can pick up in the store and get familiar with and get a Beyond account: and Beyond will no doubt help with updating PCs.
I have no idea what this has to do with me thinking they should have a new one after five years of the last one?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I have no idea what this has to do with me thinking they should have a new one after five years of the last one?
The current Starter Set was released 19 months ago, not 5 years...?
It's the new starter set, as announced by WotC.
No, Stormwreck Isle is the current Starter Set, which was released 7/31/2022 in early release at Target, October 2022 for other retailers. The Essentials Kit is a different product.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Do we really think the 2024 rules will be so changed that the previous starter set (Stormwrack) won't be good enough to work as a basic introduction?
Intro/Basic rules do not need to be a perfect match to the advanced/complete rules. It's a "Starter Set".
But they shouldn't contradict any of the real rulebooks either.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
The current Starter Set was released 19 months ago, not 5 years...?

No, Stormwreck Isle is the current Starter Set, which was released 7/31/2022 in early release at Target, October 2022 for other retailers. The Essentials Kit is a different product.
Ooops, ya, was looking at DoiP release date. My bad.

Remove ads