D&D (2024) Missing - 2024 Starter Set

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Now I wonder if the free Basic set needs a refresh, and if it does will it get one?
Last time they updated that was in 2018.l, so I think it missed out on some core book errata. It would seem to me that with Beyojd being available they switched their development of freely available basic rules to the platform...and since they now own Beyond, I expect thst is where the "play free of charge!" rules material will go in the future.

darjr

I crit!
Last time they updated that was in 2018.l, so I think it missed out on some core book errata. It would seem to me that with Beyojd being available they switched their development of freely available basic rules to the platform...and since they now own Beyond, I expect thst is where the "play free of charge!" rules material will go in the future.
Part of that in DnDBeyond is the free basic set. Isn’t it?

It isn't just the rules, it is the art direction and the overall design and the culture of the thing.
So you agree with me that a new basic set isn't needed?
Or are you saying that the change in art direction is enough to obsolete something that otherwise does the job?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Part of that in DnDBeyond is the free basic set. Isn’t it?
Interestingly enough, no, it is somewhat different: the final Basic D&D PDF only had the core 4 Races and 14 chapters, the Beyond Basic Rules has a 15th chapter and all the SRD material not in the Basic PDF (Tieflings, Dragonborn, Gnomes)...

Remove ads