• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monitor Duty (Freedomverse OOC)

hero4hire

Explorer
Saw a question I missed. Apologies.

This is set in the Freedom City campaign setting and all that entails. Which does include Multidimensional shenanigans and a place called Shamballah Vale where everyone is Kung Fu Fighting.

I am also going to be drawing upon (blatantly ripping off) many old Villains and Vigilantes adventures and characters...

so NO LIMITS on comic book craziness.

tglassy

Adventurer
I am not sure about what you want out of the Move Object. Subtle is a flat +1 pp and The Limited Direction is -1pp per rank.
I suggest just using Gravikinesis and leave it at 2pp per rank.

The Snare/Time Stasis being broken out of by Strength does not make sense as it isn't a physical snare? Probably best to leave it a Fort or Will?

Actually if you just grapple someone with Move Object you get much the same effect.

Perhaps a Area Move Object Limited Direction instead, as really as of now you can only mess up people in a (large!) area with Environment.

The Sfx of Environment can be Increase or Decrease of gravity but the Game effect will be the same. Reduction of Speed.

Lastly I get 73pp spent on powers and 8 on advantages. I have you a total of 5pp under. I suggest beefing up some of your defenses to better meet PL caps.

Again, a lot of this was because I was just going off the Energy Controller.

In the book, under "Move Object"'s extras, Subtle is +1 point per rank. It also says under "Limited Direction" that that is useful for 'gravitic' effects, so I figured it would make sense, since he's controlling gravity around an object. He wouldn't have the precise control someone with telekinesis would have. He basically picks a direction for it to go, and it goes in that direction. Of course, if Subtle is only a flat +1, I could have Move Object 23 (or 20, if that's the cap) instead of Move Object 12 if I add the Limited Direction. That's the difference between being able to lift 100 tons and being able to lift 200 ktons (or 25 ktons, if 20 is the cap).

The Environment power can be brought down, I did think that was a little ridiculous. Really, it's just because it's an alternate effect of his power, so I wanted to go ahead and give it the full 12 points.

Would an "Area Move Object" work the way I'd want it to? Basically, it would be turning gravity off in a small area (30 foot diameter). That's what I would want it to do. I'd trade that for the Environment power, since that's what I was wanting anyway. Basically, he lands, does his anime scream as he charges his power, and all the rocks and objects around him start lifting off the ground.

I can fix the Stasis thing, though grappling with Move Object is actually better.

tglassy

Adventurer
Is this better? I did change a few of the powers...

[sblock=Hawk]Real Name: Jonathan Hawk
Archetype: Energy Controller

PL 10 (150 Power Points)

Strength: 0
Stamina: 3
Agility: 3
Dexterity: 3
Fighting: 3
Intelligence: 0
Awareness: 2
Presence: 3

Advantages: (Hidden Reserve, Wisecracker)
Extraordinary Effort
Great Endurance
Fearless
Benefit: Wealth 5 ranks (Billionaire)

Skills:

Energy Control 5
Intimidation 7
Athlete 4
Acrobtics 4
Investigation 4
Perception 4

Powers:
Offiensive
Gravity Control: Array
• Gravity Blast: Range Damage 12 – 24 points
o A blast of...Graviton particles(?) hurls towards a target, causing damage...of some kind...
• Alternate Effect: Telekinesis: Move Object 12 – 1 point
o Can manipulate objects without touching them, moving them around by manipulating the gravity around the object.

• Alternate Effect: Zero Gravity Field: Move Object, Area (30 feet, 1 rank), Limited to up and down, 20 - 1 point
o He can lift all objects in a 60 foot radius by shutting off the gravity in that area. Bad guys must make dex save or be lifted off the ground, weightless

• Alternate Effect: Gravikinetic Grapple: Cumulative Ranged Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge, Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile), Extra Condition, Limited to Two Degrees – 1 point
o Hawk uses his Gravikinesis to grapple a single enemy, making them unable to move.

* Alternate Effect: Nullify Gravity (Broad for gravity?) 12: 1 point
o Hawk can nullify the gravity of objects he touches. The object behaves as if it were weightless. Especially heavy objects are still hard to move, due to their high mass, but once moving, it does not stop until it comes into contact with a force other than gravity.

Defensive:
Immunity: Immunity 2 (Gravity type damage) – 2
Force Field: Impervious Protection 10, Sustained – 20 points

Utility

Energy Sense: Senses 1 (Gravitational awareness, allows Hawk to sense Gravity wells) 1 point

Flight: Continuous, Completely Subtle Flight 7 (250 mph) – 23 points
Hawk makes himself weightless in order to fly, so if he is incapacitated while flying, he is still weightless. He has to increase his weight consciously in order to come back down.

Defenses:
Dodge: 4
Parry: 1
Fortitude: 7
Toughness: 0
Will: 8

Power Points:
Abilities: 34
Powers: 74
Advantages: 8
Skills: 14
Defenses: 20
Total: 150

Complications

Motivation: Responsibility
Relationship: Has a family
Responsibility: Has to be there for family
Responsibility: Has to pay attention to his assets[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
I actually own a Gravity Powers supplement.

Here is some prebuilt versions of what you are going for.

Gravity Field
This power intensifies the pull of gravity around you while
leaving you unaffected. Subjects in the field are effectively
grabbed (Hero’s Handbook, page 196). If the subject’s
Strength resistance check against the field’s rank fails by
one degree, the subject is prone and restrained (immobile
and vulnerable). If it fails by two or more degrees, the
subject is bound (defenseless, immobile, and impaired).
Like a grab, you can make effect checks in succeeding
rounds to increase the degree of an existing hold, and
further degrees of success are cumulative.
Gravity Field: Burst Area Move Object (gravity), Limited to
Pulling Downwards • 2 points per rank.
By default, Gravity Field causes no harm, simply restraining or
binding targets. For a Crushing Gravity Field, add the Damaging
modifier so the increased gravity also has the effect of
crushing targets beneath their increased weight, the same as
inflicting Strength Damage on a grabbed target.

Null-G Field
The reverse of the Gravity Field power (previously), in a
Null-G Field, if the effect rank equals or exceeds a subject’s
weight rank, the subject floats, weightless, inside the field.
This leaves subjects without other movement capabilities
effectively immobilized.
Null-G Field: Burst Area Move Object, Limited to Lifting Upwards
• 2 points per rank.

I am not sure if the Nullify Power mechanic works for what you are trying, but I will look into it.

hero4hire

Explorer
Just noticed The 2pp version of Immunity is for NONdamaging effects. I believe Damage Effects are 5pp?

Edit: Also Area Effects are limited to Power Level 10 so a 24pp alt power for 2pp/rank would have 4pp left for possible Power Advantages.

The +1pp /rank for subtle is a Misprint. Everywhere else it is +1pp flat.

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
OK I edited him on the front page also but how does this look (think I added everything correctly and I upped his Will save... still not too the PL but I never thought that you should max those out also unless it fit the character. I might play around with the numbers a bit more to bump them some more...
===

ARCHETYPE: Totem (Spider)

PL 10 (150 Power Points)

STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 6, AGLITY 8, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLIGENCE 4, AWARENESS 6, PRESENCE 2

POWERS (Origin – Empowered/Mystical)
*Dark Sight: Sense 2 – Dark Vision • 2pts
*Enhanced Dexterity: Enhanced Dexterity +2 • 4pts
*Fast on his Feet: Speed 2 (base 120ft movement) • 2pts
*Hyper-Awareness: Enhanced Awareness +5 • 10pts
*Super-Fighting: Enhanced Fighting +12 • 24pts
*Super-Leap: Leaping 3 (base 60ft) • 3pt
*Super-Physicality: Enhanced Stamina +5 • 10pts
*Super-Reaction: Enhanced Agility +6 • 12pts
*Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength +8 • 16pt
**AP -the Tarantula Sting: Affliction +8 (Dazed, Stunned, Paralyzed; Resisted by Fortitude; extra: Cumulative) • 1pt
*Wall-Walker: Movement 1 – Wall-Walking (½ Speed) • 2pts

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Trip, Move-By Attack, Precise Attack (concealment), Power Attack, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+16), Athletics 8 (+16), Insight 4 (+10), Perception 4 (+10), Stealth 10 (+18), Treatment 6 (+10), Technology 2 (+6)

OFFENSE: Initiative +8, Unarmed +12 (Close, Damage +8), the Tarantula Sting +12 (Close, Affliction +8, Resisted by Fortitude)

DEFENSE: Dodge 22 (+12), Parry 22 (+12), Fortitude +7, Toughness +8/+6 (without defensive roll), Will +9

Totals: Abilities 22+ Powers 86+ Advantages 12+ Skills 21+ Defenses 9 = 150 points

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Saw a question I missed. Apologies.

This is set in the Freedom City campaign setting and all that entails. Which does include Multidimensional shenanigans and a place called Shamballah Vale where everyone is Kung Fu Fighting.

I am also going to be drawing upon (blatantly ripping off) many old Villains and Vigilantes adventures and characters...

so NO LIMITS on comic book craziness.

I converted a huge number of V&V villains over to M&M 1 & 2 over on the old Atomic Thinktank boards back in the day... I am especially found of the Crushers and of course the game I am running here is based on Death Duel with the Destroyers but I changed a bunch and did a new villain team for the Destroyers (while I liked them of all the V&V villains from the various adventures I have I liked them the least :)... Rat man, Iron Maiden, Electrocusioner :) hehe)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads