Monster Mash: Oni vs. Lord Sessadore

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The dazed snake again writhes in pain as the lich's eldritch energies wash over it. In its rage, the snake's head snaps forward again to bite the lich, hissing as it goes.
[sblock=Actions]Celebrant

*take 5 ongoing psychic damage*
Standard: Bite vs. Baelnorn: 31 vs. AC, 9 damage and target is grabbed (until escape) on a hit. Not sure if I can actually grab while dazed, but there it is.

Save vs. slowed: 18
Save vs. dazed: 18
Save vs. ongoing & dazed: 4[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
While one wraith struggled against its magical bonds, the other carved a wide screaming circle back to its original prey. Passing through the huge snake it whirled and plunged its icy claws into the beast.

Meanwhile the first wraith, hissing and snarling in frustration, continued to try to lash out at the only thing in its reach. For all its raging it could not break free from its arcane prison however.

[sblock=Actions]

Moon Wraith 2
Crescent Arc: Recharge 6 (1d6=3)
Move: Moves to AI11
Standard: Charge Celebrant moving to AA15, Using the shift granted by its Basic Melee attack to shift to Y17 to gain CA before attacking.
Lunar Violation: +17 vs Fort (Target: Celebrant) (1d20+14+1+2=37)
Crit! 15 Necrotic Damage and the target is weakened until the end of its next turn.

Moon Wraith 1
Regen 5HP
Standard: Lunar Violation: +12 vs Fort (Targer: Mind Flayer) (1d20+14-2=23)
Necrotic Damage (2d4+7=13) and the target is weakened until the end of its next turn.
Saving Throw: Restrained (1d20=2)

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 4

The lich feels its mind blasted by the mind flayer.

The angel throws itself to the deck, unable to resist the mental compulsions.

The lich blasts the other two foes. (ooc: hits celebrant. Misses angel; resistance negates all radiant damage, but it is slowed (save ends))

The celebrant bites the lich, grabbing hold of it for a brief moment before swaying dizzily. (ooc: I think probably no to grabbing while dazed, since it requires sustained activity. Celebrant takes 5 psychic.)

MW2 charges the celebrant, inflicting a crippling rot. (ooc: Unless the celebrant somehow gets healing, it will die from ongoing damage at the start of its next turn.)

MW1 misses the mind flayer.

Initiative and status
Mind Flayer 88/101 <== you're up
Angel, 152/152, unarmed, prone, dominated and immobilized (save ends both), slowed (save ends both)
Baelnorn 190/210
Celebrant 5/117 bloodied, snake form, 5 ongoing psychic and dazed (save ends), weakened TENT.
Moon Wraith 2 76/76
Moon Wraith 1 76/76, restrained (save ends)

Resources used:
Celebrant:
Lich: Fey Ire
MW2: crescent arc

[sblock=map]
OniSessadore008.png

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Will the celebrant be dead or just unconscious? If he's just unconscious the angel could revive him (if he ever gets to act on his will (or rather, the mind flayer's will) again ...). Up to you, covaithe.[/sblock]
The illithid's voice insinuates itself into the lich's mind again. It is unfortunate I cannot make you my slave, desiccated one. As the words echo in the lich's head, the tentacled monstrosity charges across the deck, latching its tentacles onto the spellcaster's head.

Meanwhile, the angel shakes off the lich's mental influence, at least for a couple paltry seconds ...
[sblock=Actions]Mind Flayer
Mind Blast recharge 5,6 (1d6=2). Mind blast not recharged.

Move: shift to U9.
Standard: Charge to Y13; Tentacles vs. Lich: 35 vs. AC, 13 damage, target is grabbed (until escape) on a hit.
Minor: none.

Angel
Actions: whatever Oni says ...

Save vs. dominated and immobilized: 14
Save vs. slowed: 6[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
The lich simply disappeared from the mass of groping tentacles, reappearing in the crow's nest. It pushed back its long pale hair, flattening down the torn skin of its scalp.

How right you are.

The baelnorn pointed a skeletal finger at the mind flayer assualting it with dream images horrible even to one of its ilk. Then turning slowly it focused on the angel once more, mouthing the soundless words turning its mind inside out.

The shadowy figure standing over the fallen snake howled and charged the mindflayer raking its strength draining claws through its foes weird flesh before fading back out of reach.

The other across the deck continued to rage against its bonds, now with nothing to lash out at. With a bone chilling cry it finally broke free, ready to seek the prey it had been denied.

[sblock=Actions]
I just noticed you're using the HP number I originally sent you for the Baelnorn, not the corrected one of 228 you gave me.

Baelnorn
Regen 5HP
Fey Ire: Recharge 4,5,6 (1d6=2)
Move: Lich Step to T13 (Crow's Nest), Recharge Lich Step
Standard: Dream Haunting: +15 vs Ref (Target: Mind Flayer) (1d20+15=29)
Psychic Damage (2d8+4=7)
Minor: Voice of Solemnity: +13 vs Will (Target: Angel) (1d20+15-2=33)
I just realized being prone makes its mind harder to hit...:confused:
[edit: oh yeah, if the angel can attack itself, it should continue trying to do so.]

Moon Wraith 2
Crescent Arc: Recharge 6 (1d6=5)
Standard: Charge to Y14, Lunar Violation: +15 vs Fort (Target: Mind Flayer) (1d20+14+1=28) Shift to AA16
Necrotic Damage (2d4+7=13) and the target is weakened until the end of its next turn.

Moon Wraith 1
Saving Throw: Restrained (1d20=11)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Will the celebrant be dead or just unconscious? If he's just unconscious the angel could revive him (if he ever gets to act on his will (or rather, the mind flayer's will) again ...). Up to you, covaithe.

For the sake of my sanity, especially considering CaBaNa's mob, I'm gonna have to say dead. Sorry, Sessadore.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 5

The mind flayer grabs the lich.

The angel continues to grovel, but manages to clear its head. (ooc: I'm gonna say no to attacking itself, just because I don't want to answer all the questions that poses, such as whether it considers itself helpless and can coup de grace. So it stays prone.)

The lich disappears from the illithid's grasp, reappearing near the top of the mast. It blasts the mind flayer's mind while reasserting its control of the angel.

The celebrant's mind implodes under the constant psychic assault. It drops to the deck, lifeless.

Initiative and status
Mind Flayer 68/101 <== you're up
Angel, 152/152, unarmed, prone, slowed (save ends both), dominated and immobilized (save ends both)
Baelnorn 200/228
Celebrant dead
Moon Wraith 2 76/76
Moon Wraith 1 76/76

Resources used:
Celebrant:
Lich: Fey Ire
MW2: crescent arc

[sblock=map]
OniSessadore009.png

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
A disturbing burbling sound enters the mind of the lich ... is that an illithid's laugh? The purple, tentacled humanoid sends waves of mental discordance forward once again, scrambling the minds of the undead caught in the blast.
[sblock=Actions]Sorry I didn't post yesterday - totally forgot :blush: Also, I apologize in advance for the crazy stuff in here, covaithe ... it's a little unorthodox ...
If you'd rather not make all those rules calls, then just do this: flayer moves to Z15 and blasts MW2, using the roll presented below (all the attack rolls are using the same roll).

Mind Flayer
Mind Blast recharge 5,6 (1d6=6). Mind blast recharges.
Question: blast 5 means that it extends 5 squares upwards as well, correct? Essentially, it makes a 5x5x5 cube. So, since the crow's nest is 6 squares up, that means that either I have to start the blast in the 'square' (cube?) above the flayer, or it has to climb up at least one square before blasting, correct?

With those two possibilities in mind: if I can start the blast above the flayer (ie - without climbing at all):
Standard: Mind Blast T-X-11-15 at 1-6 elevation (catching only the lich): 34 vs. Will, 14 psychic damage, and target is dazed (save ends) on hit.
Move: to AA12 + Stealth: (1d20+16=36).

If I need to climb to blast at a higher elevation: (I'm assuming there's some sort of rigging on the mast?)
Move: climb up the mast/rigging 1 square (or as far up as I need to go): Athletics; climb the mast (1d20+7=14).
Standard: If climb was successful, Mind Blast T-X-11-15 at 1-6 elevation (catching only the lich): 34 vs. Will, 14 psychic damage, and target is dazed (save ends) on hit.
If climb was unsuccessful: Mind Blast Y-AC-14-18 (catching only MW2): 34 vs. Will, 14 psychic damage, and target is dazed (save ends) on hit.

Angel
*sigh* again, whatever Oni says :(
Save vs. slowed: 20
Save vs. dominated and immobilized: 7
I once again said 'dazed' on the roll comments instead of dominated, but you know what I mean. Does a 20 mean that all conditions are gone?? :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads