Moon Druid Epiphany

Iry

Hero
I assumed the Moon part was a reference to Lycanthropy and Skinchangers in the first place.
That's what I get for playing Werewolf: the Adjective.

snickersnax

Explorer
Primordial Druids sounds hardcore. If druids where called primordial Druids a lot more people would play them.

That character concept...

I know, Right? The Primordial Druid's journey could be about connecting to that first spark of life at the beginning of all life. Kind of a shape-shifting archeological journey, an exploration deep into the roots of the tree of life. The metaphysics is so delicious...

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As I don't use 'Circle of the' as any actual in-setting organization, the Moon name has never bothered me personally. The same way my games have never had actual bardic colleges that the bards came out of with their abilities, nor especially colleges whose names were in-setting 'The College of Valor' or 'The College of Lore or 'Swords' etc. I've treated them all merely as cool-sounding and interesting out-of-game subclass identifiers, but which have no in-setting place.

I would imagine that if a setting you played in did indeed have "Circles" for the druids to belong to, and those circles in-game were actually called their subclass names... swapping out 'Circle of the Moon' for a different organizational identifier would make all the sense in the world. And if that's the case, then sure, changing the organization's name to the 'Circle of the Primordials' or 'Circle of the Ancients', or 'Circle of the Soul' would work fine.

Dessert Nomad

Adventurer
I don't see what the problem is. A druid in animal form doesn't wear clothing or armor, it merges into the form or drops to the ground. Therefore, the druid is not wearing any sort of pants or skirt. Since the druid's butt is fully exposed, they are mooning everyone constantly while wildshaped. Therefore the name 'circle of the moon' makes perfect sense.

Remove ads