More Divinity Feats

WhatGravitas

Explorer
I've done feats for the Channel Divinity class feature - for the evil gods.

Now, I've revised it a bit, added a feat for Tharizdun... and put it into a snazzy PDF.

Also: If you have helpful criticism... I dig it! :)

Have fun, LT.

Attachments

• Channeling_the_Divine_v1.2.pdf
    60.1 KB · Views: 671
Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
generalhenry said:
Over all, very nice work. The only one that I don't quite like is ASMODEUS’ COMMAND
Yeah, Asmodeus' Command should be an Immediate Interrupt, not a Minor action.

It's terrible to have to guess when you'll be almost missed.

- - -

Tharizdun's Throes: You could make it a Daily or an At-Will and nobody would ever notice the difference.

- - -

Tiamat's Vengence, Vecna's Whispers and Zehir's Venom seem stronger than the other feats.

Cheers, -- N

Stogoe

First Post
If you actually wanted Tharizdun's Throes to be useful to a PC, I'd change the Special entry to:

Special: After you use this power, you fall unconscious and immediately gain a 'death counter'.

But maybe you don't want that.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Nifft said:
Yeah, Asmodeus' Command should be an Immediate Interrupt, not a Minor action.

It's terrible to have to guess when you'll be almost missed.
Probably yes - it started off as disincentive to attack you - it mirrors the "marked" condition, just in reverse (hence it's a penalty). I didn't make it an interrupt, because I didn't want to steal Shield's thunder. But I had a hard time on that - it's not very inspired. I'll think about that more and redo it from scratch, if I get a better idea.
Nifft said:
Tharizdun's Throes: You could make it a Daily or an At-Will and nobody would ever notice the difference.
It's only to fit into the overall structure of the Channel Divinity feats, because you can only use one channelling per encounter, another type would break the mold and cause confusion.

Nifft said:
Tiamat's Vengence, Vecna's Whispers and Zehir's Venom seem stronger than the other feats.
In general or when you think of a Paladin using them?

On Tiamat's Vengeance: I'll perhaps change it to straight extra damage - when I made the feat, I haven't really seen, how much stuff triggers off criticals - that makes it pretty powerful in tandem with stuff like Epic Resurgence.

On Vecna's Whisper: I dunno, it's pretty situational. I'd reckon it's about as strong as Pelor's Radiance - which was also one of my benchmarks for the other effects.

On Zehir's Venom: Really? On average, you'll get the damage once or twice, and you can only use it once per encounter. Since several poison damages don't stack, I can only see it's power when you hit several targets in one round. Oh wait, that's actually bad, would it be better with "first melee attack until the end of your next turn"?

Cheers, LT.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Lord Tirian said:
On Vecna's Whisper: I dunno, it's pretty situational. I'd reckon it's about as strong as Pelor's Radiance - which was also one of my benchmarks for the other effects.
It's the automatic damage that seems strong.

For Tiamat's Vengeance, I see it as a great way for a BBEG with Reach to abuse minions... but maybe that's the point.

Lord Tirian said:
On Zehir's Venom: Really? On average, you'll get the damage once or twice, and you can only use it once per encounter. Since several poison damages don't stack, I can only see it's power when you hit several targets in one round. Oh wait, that's actually bad, would it be better with "first melee attack until the end of your next turn"?
:D Exactly, imagine a dude with an area melee attack -- they're hardly rare. Also, I kinda like the idea of a poison laser cleric. Maybe something like: "as a Minor action, choose one target you just hit; that target suffers ongoing 4 / 8 / 12 poison damage (save ends)".

Cheers, -- N

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Well, new version is up... :)
Nifft said:
It's the automatic damage that seems strong.
Sure, that's why I'm decreasing it now! :D
Right now, I'm erring on the lower end, which is probably too low. I guess I'll do a staggered progression as with most feats, probably with dice as well - rolling dice is more fun! :) I have to muse a bit about that - and when you get hit and can chuck dice to retribute... it's cool.
Nifft said:
For Tiamat's Vengeance, I see it as a great way for a BBEG with Reach to abuse minions... but maybe that's the point.
It's a fun side-effect! But yeah, auto-crit is too good, the more I think about it. A normal attack is already pretty good.
Nifft said:
"as a Minor action, choose one target you just hit; that target suffers ongoing 4 / 8 / 12 poison damage (save ends)".
That's nice and I used it, however I kept the lower damage. Comparing it with the poisons from the DMG, it is good because it's an auto-hit on range now. Keeping it lower is probably better. Though think I like to increase it, otherwise it stacks up pretty bad to something basic like Weapon Focus (right now, it's about as good as a weapon focus, if you hit two to three times with your weapon in an encounter - AND you burn your Channel Divinity, which could be used for other things). Well, I guess there's something for the next revision... I'm messing with the layout right now.

Cheers, LT.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I like the changes, and think they're mostly great.

Tharizdun's gimmick seems kinda lame, but it's only "situational" for PCs, since damn near every NPC who takes it is likely to meet the triggering condition within his debut encounter. The range may be too low.

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads